PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: BB 9650
Carrier: sprint

eve6er69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so has anybody broken down and altered the headphones??

i am wondering if anybody has altered their favorite pair of headphones to have a usb end like the 800w takes?
if you have let me know, i took my phone to the gym last night for the first time and the crappy headphones kept falling out of my ears.
i would really like to hook my skull candy headphones up to it.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC SNAP SPRINT Win 6.1
Carrier: BOOST

t800w is a n00b
Re: so has anybody broken down and altered the headphones??

there might be a micro usb to 3 mm jack out there, check on that before you go customizing a set of expensive ear phones! Good luck!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t800w View Post
there might be a micro usb to 3 mm jack out there...
There's not.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: BB 9650
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

eve6er69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
There's not.

yeah i know there's not. rite about now i am willing to pay good cash for a set of headphones that sta yin my damn ear, lol
i know there is a post on the wm forums of somebody altering the end piece to a female and then plugging your headphones into that.
i am just wondering if anybody had taken just the earbuds and replaced them. i think i am going to start looking in the jabra bt3030 headset.

but if anybody has any ideas or suggestions i am open for those cause i am at a loss for words
Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I use the motorola s9 bluetooth headphones when I'm at the gym or working. They stay in my ears, sound is great, and I can go about 30ft away from my phone and still have music. TigerDirect.com has them for like $60

[
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
I use the motorola s9 bluetooth headphones when I'm at the gym or working. They stay in my ears, sound is great, and I can go about 30ft away from my phone and still have music. TigerDirect.com has them for like $60
+1 on these headphones!

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
yeah i know there's not. rite about now i am willing to pay good cash for a set of headphones that sta yin my damn ear, lol
i know there is a post on the wm forums of somebody altering the end piece to a female and then plugging your headphones into that.
i am just wondering if anybody had taken just the earbuds and replaced them. i think i am going to start looking in the jabra bt3030 headset.

but if anybody has any ideas or suggestions i am open for those cause i am at a loss for words
I have a set of stock headphones coming from ebay that I'm going to try to replay the ear buds on. I'll post pics and let you know the end result.

I went through a bluetooth headphone phase where I tried about every bluetooth headset Best Buy had and never found one I liked. They were all either too big or not comfortable for more than an hours use.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800W

jcrick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
I just saw the S9 in Tiger Direct locally for $45. Referb'd but it's a good price. My problem is I can't get the Forward/Back buttons to work with Kinoma, but they work with Windows MediaPlayer. Anyone else have that problem with Kinoma?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM
I love root

So, here's my little foray into altering the Palm headset.

The first pic on the left is the set up (added the phones just for style). Got my soldering stick, heat gun, solder, heat shrink tube, ect.

The middle pic doesn't really show all the much but the pic on the right shows two different strands of wire coming out of each headphone. I was able to get those connected to the two coming out of the Palm headset (thank God they're the same colors!) and soldered together.

One head phone was working but the other wasn't and I couldn't figure out why. So I cut out the soldered connection on the headphone that wasn't working and tried it again. I tried my best to separate the two strands and to make sure there was good contact when I soldered them. But, the headphone still wouldn't work. Now i had a set of Palm headphones that only had one headphone working...in the trash they went waiting for the Treo Pro to come out. Can't wait for some 3.5mm goodness...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img1225507267638.jpg (186.6 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg img1225507236256.jpg (147.3 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg img1225507127557.jpg (149.6 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

JCSands is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrick View Post
I just saw the S9 in Tiger Direct locally for $45. Referb'd but it's a good price. My problem is I can't get the Forward/Back buttons to work with Kinoma, but they work with Windows MediaPlayer. Anyone else have that problem with Kinoma?
Yes, that's a Kinoma issue to fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w