PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Lurker

tinman0305 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
some guidance.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Upon request from bigbuddy...here is my setup for this week

Theme: BlackNeon.tsk (attached below)

From the top:

- PhoneAlarm Lite 1.56 w/ RalaSkin Dark Skin Reloaded (Note: I modifed Rala's skin and got rid of Wireless and Missed calls as I don't use those. I then moved a couple of the buttons around).

- WeatherPanel. Using Storyr's Stealth-240 theme/Malatesta combo

- Search Toolbar

- TodayAgenda 0.9.2 beta. Font is set at -1.

- TrueToolbar at the bottom for running programs (Verichat, email, Pocket411, CallSMS Blocker)

Finally you'll notice that I have no "Start" or "Clock" on my start bar. They are technically there but I changed the font to all black up there so you don't see them...

Obviously I aim for the anti-clutter Today screen. I also find I respond better to Text than Icon based alerts and items, hence mine is more text based.

Can someone help me with how to load the above mentioned skin for PhoneAlarm? It doesnt seem to be a .CAB file and when i just copy the files to a folder it reverts back to the default skin. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:59 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Under the phonealarm folder you need to copy the folder with the files and then .SKN file is left in the PA root directory.

So it'll be...

PhoneAlarm\SkinName.SKN
PhoneAlarm\SkinName <- Folder with files

It should work like this.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:01 PM
N00b

jcarbary is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jcarbary
Wow ... so many options out there! Here's what I have now ...

I don't have much stuff going on ...

* Spb Pocket Plus (with Spb Black Ext theme)
* WeatherPanel (longing for the OBX so I rotate between Detroit's blechy weather and the OBX weather)

I'd love to get rid of the Verizon logo (I'm trying to get enough nerve to do the fix that's posted).

jen
Old 12-02-2006, 07:24 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ok here is what I got rolling today

Classic Black theme
Remove Logo 1.1
TodayAgenda 0.9.21
Web Search
Palm threaded SMS
BT Icon/Hardware Key

Thats it nice and simple

“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarbary
I'd love to get rid of the Verizon logo (I'm trying to get enough nerve to do the fix that's posted).

jen
don't worry about, it's a simple plugin that can be enabled/disabled at any time. there's no reg hacks or anything dangerous about it (no more dangerous than running SPB Plus... , you're a brave man)
Old 12-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
how can i get rid of the seperating lines ????

Old 12-02-2006, 11:11 PM
N00b

jcarbary is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jcarbary
Quote:
Quote:

jen
don't worry about, it's a simple plugin that can be enabled/disabled at any time. there's no reg hacks or anything dangerous about it (no more dangerous than running SPB Plus... , you're a brave man)
Thanks ... I did it. I panicked for a moment when the whole thing locked up and rebooted in safe mode, but all is good and my logo is gone

jen
Old 12-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

jen
Thanks ... I did it. I panicked for a moment when the whole thing locked up and rebooted in safe mode, but all is good and my logo is gone

jen
brave woman....

lol sorry 'bout that.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs
how can i get rid of the seperating lines ????
You don't. Not possible at all in WM5.

The most you can do is use something like TweakUI and change the color to match the background, in this case you'd make them solid black (but then you'll have a black line on your Apple)

They'd still be there but you wouldn't really see 'em. Harder on backgrounds where you have a picture or non-uniform color schemes.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 AM
c0w
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

c0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c0w
i got phone alarm, vista background + vista black theme. pretty basic but awesome.
[/img]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX