PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   4 and counting... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73699)

ajk511 07-06-2009 10:19 PM

Re: 4 and counting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 1017202)
If I do buy a new car and a week later it pulls to the right, does that mean I should keep it and hope for the best?

No it means you should stop running over pot holes and then go to the dealer and take advantage of the 12month 12k( depending on manufacturer) mile warranty on the alignment of your new car. But you are absolutely right. The oreo thing is a common problem. I went through 3 of them when I bought mine at best buy and just picked the one with the least amount of play. it sticks here and there when I try and open it one handed...not really a big deal, but I'm just going to wait a couple more weeks and exchange it for a diff one. All you can do is live with it, exchange it till you get a perfect one, or return it and wait a while till the QQ gets a bit better.

ott 07-08-2009 12:53 PM

STOP WHINING!!! I'm tired of seeing people complain that the phone "gives a little" when you TWIST it, dont twist it!!!! Go ask 100 touch pro handlers and ask if their front housing "twists", OF COURSE IT DOES!!!! I have seen people complaining about the smallest lil things on this phone, its a phone! If you want to complain about it that much then get rid of it, if you like the phone, then deal with it, your not gonna change the way Palm is producing its products by whining in this forum.

Success100 07-08-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ott (Post 1022138)
STOP WHINING!!! I'm tired of seeing people complain that the phone "gives a little" when you TWIST it, dont twist it!!!! Go ask 100 touch pro handlers and ask if their front housing "twists", OF COURSE IT DOES!!!! I have seen people complaining about the smallest lil things on this phone, its a phone! If you want to complain about it that much then get rid of it, if you like the phone, then deal with it, your not gonna change the way Palm is producing its products by whining in this forum.

eeeexactly

Insoc 07-08-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 1016950)
This makes no sense to me, if the phone is not meant to slide sideways then why does it? I am left handed and when I use one hand to open the phone it slides to the right some and sticks. So, yes it is a big deal to me. Why would I get rid of the phone if I like it, I just won't settle for a defective phone. As far as things that move will have play over time, I have a car to sell you, don't worry about all the play in the stearing or all the rattles you hear because all things that move will have some play over time.

Push the phone in the middle. Pushing from an angle will make the slider move out of alignment causing it to hang. Your problems with the phone are user error.

ott 07-09-2009 12:23 PM

I thanked the people in this thread who have my back on the whole, STOP WHINING, part :) Thanks guys haha

JBundyLive 07-10-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insoc (Post 1023522)
Push the phone in the middle. Pushing from an angle will make the slider move out of alignment causing it to hang. Your problems with the phone are user error.

I concur. Holding the prē in the palm (either hand), press your thumb on the screen to slide it up to open the keyboard. That's the way you're supposed to be opening it. When you push from the bottom of the top half of the phone to open it, you put unnecessary torque on the hinges, causing more and more "play" to take effect.

nxtech3 07-10-2009 02:44 PM

i just love fixing ID 10 T errors lol

ott 07-11-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nxtech3 (Post 1027688)
i just love fixing ID 10 T errors lol

I second this notion :) PEBKAC!

nuzzle 07-12-2009 01:04 AM

yea i dont get it... ive had no issues with my phone. I see on youtube the way some of them idiots man handle the phone... its mean to be slid up. I mean a thumb is all ya need. These ****s are like whipping it up to make it slide. I dont get it... It is afterall just a piece of plastic. Treat it as such, and you should be golden.

Big D5 07-12-2009 07:24 AM

I want to start with I have the Oreo effect I have the sticky slider and all of that but I have no problem with this I am used to PPC that slide they all have some play to them. I get that you long time Palm users are having issues this PPC doesn't feel like a Palm. I have had 2 of Palms Treos they had an exceptionally solid feel but they were not sliders. You don't have to keep a defective PPC but if you are looking for a slider with no play and a supper solid Treo feel sorry to tell you old time Treo users your not going to get that from a slider. As your quest for the perfect pre continues I would like to thank you for my future refurbes they are doing to be in great condition.