PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

yoda45 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help on last steps flashing pre to cricket

I have been reading for 4 days on numerous sites. I hate asking stupid questions without trying to first look for the answer. Please believe me that I have tried numerous search functions with no answer to my dilema.

I have a palm pre that i was successful getting past the activation screen.

I have the MSL.

I have downloaded and installed putty, QXDM, and CDMA workshop. I've downloaded the driver set in the post but still can't get any of the above applications to recognize the phone. I really am not sure how to apply the drivers. The phone is recognized as palm novacom bootie. I am running windows 7 pro on a 64 bit system, but the install wizard never popped up asking me to install alternate drivers. Windows finds what it thinks is the right one and when I try to change it after the fact it tells me that windows has chosen the best driver.

In diagnostic mode I have 4 options, acm usb, com1, com2, and serial. I dont know if I'm supposed to change these to diag or leave at none?

From all of the reading I've done I think all I have left to do is flash the PRL and change and few settings and then I will be good to go. Please someone point me in the right direction before I smash this phone.

If I have left out any information to enable someone to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to describe it.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

yoda45 is a n00b
Re: need help on last steps flashing pre to cricket

After 54 views I'm sure someone may be able to give me some insight. Again any help is appreciated.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: need help on last steps flashing pre to cricket

It's not that easy but it is. Here is a really good guide from www.cdmagurus.com/forum

CDMA Gurus

It'll get you talk and text in no time, for wap and mms you'll most likely need a custom ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre