PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fishpony is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
used pre, blown speaker

I purchased a used pre from my buddys mom and after about 2 weeks of use all of a sudden the rear speaker is blown, even though i rarely even use it. I have insurance on my account but since i just activated a used phone will sprint replace my speaker? the phone is not in the greatest condition either but it worked perfect for a couple weeks. I've had quite a few TP, TP2's replaced for this exact same reason also. What should I do?

I wish replacement parts were easier to come by for this thing.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: used pre, blown speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
I purchased a used pre from my buddys mom and after about 2 weeks of use all of a sudden the rear speaker is blown, even though i rarely even use it. I have insurance on my account but since i just activated a used phone will sprint replace my speaker? the phone is not in the greatest condition either but it worked perfect for a couple weeks. I've had quite a few TP, TP2's replaced for this exact same reason also. What should I do?

I wish replacement parts were easier to come by for this thing.
If you have TEP tell Sprint, they will replace it for free even though you did not buy it from them, they're cool like that.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
If you have TEP tell Sprint, they will replace it for free even though you did not buy it from them, they're cool like that.
Hey OK...are you sure about the "free" part?

late,
Coz
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post

late,
Coz
Can't say for sure re. this case but the Sprint store here has repaired several phones for me that I didn't purchase from Sprint. In every case it was free labor and cost of parts if they had to order the part(s).
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i would say that most likely it will be repaired or replaced at the store level. there's a possiblity they could refer you to asurion and you'd pay a $100 copay but i would see the speaker as a manufacturer hardware issue and not so much a damage claim. i think you're good on taking it in.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well i took my pre in to the sprint store tonight finally. I told them what was going on and they told me they could fix it at the store and to come back in an hour, which was fine with me. When i came back they told me they didn't have the right part so they ordered me a refurb phone under my TEP. Sprint is awesome.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post

late,
Coz
yeah I am. If he didn't drop the phone or drop it in water, this is a malfunction of the phone, which would mean a free replacement, kinda like the Pro and Pro2 keyboards messing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
Well i took my pre in to the sprint store tonight finally. I told them what was going on and they told me they could fix it at the store and to come back in an hour, which was fine with me. When i came back they told me they didn't have the right part so they ordered me a refurb phone under my TEP. Sprint is awesome.
nice one bro, yeah Sprint TEP is above all else as far as phone replacement.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well got my brand new refurbished pre today. i upgraded to 1.4.5 and it never let me log into my palm profile. wtf is going on? ugh anyways, sprints TEP is the best! now i can hear my txt messages.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

figured it out, just had to do a reset on it. now just gotta get home and get preware put on it so i can install govnah.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

jmtow99 is a n00b

im on my 4th pre and so far the first 3 have had speaker problems : /
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre