PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   possibly switching from hero to pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113030)

NinjaMom 04-05-2010 12:35 PM

Re: possibly switching from hero to pre

I have to have the EVO. I love the Pre and I am sure I will miss the multi-tasking as it is on the Pre, but the EVO combines some of my most favorite hobbies into one package. Cellphone tech, Social Networking, and Photography.

It is like the EVO was made for me. LOL

Carla 04-05-2010 08:36 PM

I have to agree 110% with NinjaMom, I NEED the Evo LOL! I love my Pre, I don't use it often and haven't for a while, but I do love it. If it felt sturdier I would have used it much more, webOS is just awesome IMO, but the Evo has my <3 :p

sanmanc 04-05-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1681969)
I have to have the EVO. I love the Pre and I am sure I will miss the multi-tasking as it is on the Pre, but the EVO combines some of my most favorite hobbies into one package. Cellphone tech, Social Networking, and Photography.

It is like the EVO was made for me. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1682771)
I have to agree 110% with NinjaMom, I NEED the Evo LOL! I love my Pre, I don't use it often and haven't for a while, but I do love it. If it felt sturdier I would have used it much more, webOS is just awesome IMO, but the Evo has my <3 :p

These are some of the things I have been sending Palm trying to entice them to send me some kind of response to what their comback will be. So far nothing.

NinjaMom 04-06-2010 02:46 PM

Well, I got a house full of Pres.... So I will still be in the Pre community since it is up to me to keep everyone's phones up to date. LOL But I am really hoping the EVO will be a belated anniversary present. LOL

snowplow54 04-09-2010 06:27 PM

My suggestion is to think about what you need in a phone. It's easier to trade a Hero for a Pre, but harder to trade a Pre for a Hero. Both phones have pros and cons, The Pre has multitasking, a hardware keyboard, and a more compact form factor. While the Hero has a larger screen, a larger screen and better battery life. don't make the switch just to do it, make sure it will suit your needs better.

MikeElGiga23 04-09-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowplow54 (Post 1690488)
My suggestion is to think about what you need in a phone. It's easier to trade a Hero for a Pre, but harder to trade a Pre for a Hero. Both phones have pros and cons, The Pre has multitasking, a hardware keyboard, and a more compact form factor. While the Hero has a larger screen, a larger screen and better battery life. don't make the switch just to do it, make sure it will suit your needs better.

i hardly think that a 0.1' difference in screen size is worth mentioning it twice lol

but yes, i agree with everything you say, whatever fits your needs best

dmora01 04-11-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 1673510)
let me put it this way...

i went from the touch pro to the Pre...

Pre to Hero...

back to the Pre...

Pre for touch Pro 2...

back to the Pre...

Pre to the Moment...

im currently looking for another Pre...

webOS is HANDS DOWN the best OS available now, the combination of a great browser, multitasking, email, games, sync etc. is second to none ( i say combination because a lot of devices excel at some things but sucks at others, but webOS is IMO great at everything it currently does) I keep wanting to try other devices that appeal to me due to the "grass is greener" symdrome, but i always come to realize that i miss webOS too much to stay with something else... now with the 800mhz patch it will run even faster circles around the Hero. Gonna be tough wanting to get the EVO... i wish that Palm would at least announce something new before the EVO hits

How do you change phones like that? Do you still in the 30 days?:scratch:

MikeElGiga23 04-13-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmora01 (Post 1693072)
How do you change phones like that? Do you still in the 30 days?:scratch:

i have a local classifieds website thats huge here in puerto rico, so i can very easily sell or trade a device locally for another one if i get bored with it lol, the thing is that there is ALWAYS someone that has what you want and is willing to trade

ps. i have my Pre now lol, just in time for the 800MHZ overclock, N.O.V.A and Sandstorm games (HALO and Modern Warefare BTW)

M2Iceman 04-16-2010 08:38 AM

My wife has a Hero and I cant tell you the aount of times I have had to reset, hard reset that phone because of issues with the OS. Im hoping 2.1 helps with the problems with the Hero and I have been leaning on the wife to get a Pre. She doesnt like the keyboard but IMO the Hero is half baked right now. Im still debating on getting the Evo at launch and if I do, there will be 2 bought. I wish Palm had leaked some info on the future Pre. June will be a tough month. I do believe WebOS is better than Android.