PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Best Buy to presell Sprint's HTC Hero starting September 13th (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81346)

darren.wlsn1 08-27-2009 11:50 PM

Re: Best Buy to presell Sprint's HTC Hero starting September 13th

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethVaughn (Post 1126055)
So, granting Sprint will let you put the Hero on a SERO plan, can BestBuy do a 2year upgrade in store on a SERO line or do I have to call and argue with Sprint?

who said you can use a sero? i just didnt want you to think i said that.

BruceBanner 08-28-2009 11:21 AM

this is what i was waiting for.....i think i will get the hero instead of tp2....or atleast try it for 30 days, then return if i dont like it, and get the tp2.

TnA-2xXtReM 08-28-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBanner (Post 1126507)
this is what i was waiting for.....i think i will get the hero instead of tp2....or atleast try it for 30 days, then return if i dont like it, and get the tp2.

Just be sure to read/ask about the BB's return policy as for they might tack on a 15% or even the 25% restocking fee for opened merchandises. If from Sprint, I know for sure they charge you $35 for activated handset.

boredandtattooed 08-28-2009 05:07 PM

i agree with Darren, that it wont require a SE plan... the Hero isnt a flagship device for sprint... their pride and joy Android device will come from Samsung as theyve claimed often.... so it looks like the InstinctQ, which is made by Samsuing will probably get the Android Franchise tag...

SethVaughn 08-29-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1126061)
who said you can use a sero? i just didnt want you to think i said that.

I didn't say you did. I said, granting Sprint will let you put the phone on a SERO line. I just wanted to know if BestBuy can do SERO upgrades in store or if you have to go through Sprint.

obamaftw08 08-30-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethVaughn (Post 1128173)
I didn't say you did. I said, granting Sprint will let you put the phone on a SERO line. I just wanted to know if BestBuy can do SERO upgrades in store or if you have to go through Sprint.

AFAIK, people were able to upgrade to their TP's while still on sero plans.

fixxxer2012 08-30-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badchad (Post 1125133)
Does anyone wager a guess as to what this means in relation to the actual release date?

Are we still thinking/hoping/praying for Oct. 11th?

i talked to sprint today and they said they have no news on it yet. they doubt it will be out before x-mas.

SporkLover 08-31-2009 12:11 AM

Best Buy was able to upgrade me to the TP back in October. It wasn't was straight forward as it should have been; the Best Buy rep did have to call Sprint and have them complete the transaction.... however all was done in Best Buy.

fixxxer2012 09-01-2009 04:23 PM

i doubt best buy is getting the hero in less than two weeks., as i said sprint told me they have no release date yet. the rep i talked to did not even know they had one coming, lol! ](*,)

tokuzumi 09-01-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1133402)
i doubt best buy is getting the hero in less than two weeks., as i said sprint told me they have no release date yet. the rep i talked to did not even know they had one coming, lol! ](*,)

They are just pre-selling the unit. You won't walk out of BB with one in your hands on Sept 13...or 14th....or even the 15th. But at least we will find out whether it's like the GSM version, with the chin, or the rumored CDMA chin-less photos that recently surfaced.