PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78171)

orlandojumpoff 08-05-2009 11:49 PM

Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!!

http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/ve...headphone-jack

Laos101 08-06-2009 10:52 AM

Re: Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!!

Global service is nice... EXPENSIVE... but nice,.

3.5 is a cool alternative too

Merdinh 08-06-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff (Post 1084286)

Man this is a big suprise the verizon customers are getting. NO RAM CUT, so that means you guys will have the exact same touch pro features capabilities as the rest of us. Now i didnt see that one coming.

ckeegan 08-06-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merdinh (Post 1084721)
Man this is a big suprise the verizon customers are getting. NO RAM CUT, so that means you guys will have the exact same touch pro features capabilities as the rest of us. Now i didnt see that one coming.

Why, because RAM was cut once in the history of their devices compared to other carriers? Honestly, I don't even believe that it was Verizon's decision. What benefit would it have had for them? Obviously it wouldn't have been a huge cost difference. Maybe Sprint demanded increased RAM, and Verizon had no knowledge of it.

I love how people blame Verizon for that, when they're not the ones who manufactured the device. Blame HTC.

drewcam888 08-06-2009 12:46 PM

Well the gsm verzion has more ram so yes Verizon cut the ram. Just look at the touch pro specs on HTC site. I like Verizon but they suck when it comes to locking phones down

ckeegan 08-06-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1084964)
Well the gsm verzion has more ram so yes Verizon cut the ram. Just look at the touch pro specs on HTC site. I like Verizon but they suck when it comes to locking phones down

That's weird, because I didn't know that Verizon was in the device manufacturing business. How do we know Sprint just didn't request more RAM?

Either way, it's stupid that Verizon's TP had less, but it's also the only time that's happened.

skruff77 08-06-2009 01:29 PM

and a lot of us that are on verizon got a sprint touch pro and put it on verizon network. now that verizon as a good htc phone ill will be going to that.

gTen 08-06-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckeegan (Post 1084750)
Why, because RAM was cut once in the history of their devices compared to other carriers? Honestly, I don't even believe that it was Verizon's decision. What benefit would it have had for them? Obviously it wouldn't have been a huge cost difference. Maybe Sprint demanded increased RAM, and Verizon had no knowledge of it.

I love how people blame Verizon for that, when they're not the ones who manufactured the device. Blame HTC.

I'm not an expert on cellphone parts cost but judging that ram isn't going up hardly at all and best we got is 288mb ram, but rom they can easily do 32gb would probably say that RAM may be one of the most expensive parts..they may save like $100 just by putting in half the ram. But again I am not an expert on this...just my 2 cents.
________
Claus Luthe

Merdinh 08-06-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckeegan (Post 1084979)
That's weird, because I didn't know that Verizon was in the device manufacturing business. How do we know Sprint just didn't request more RAM?

Either way, it's stupid that Verizon's TP had less, but it's also the only time that's happened.

No buddy, the touch pro's stock ram is what sprint got, Verizon is the ones who Request the ram cut, and they also locked their gps service, but then seen how many people complaining, so they unlocked the gps, so yes it was Verizon, and they did the same crap to the diamond.

ZuneNinja! 08-06-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckeegan (Post 1084979)

I agree that it was dump to speculate that verizon's TP2 would have been dumbed down. You can't say something has happened just once and call it a pattern. But it is verizon's fault that it was half ram. There is just no question about it.