PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78104)

tsowen 08-05-2009 02:12 PM

Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

I belong to the Sprint Application Developers, they just posted the specs for the HTC Touch Pro 2: https://developer.sprint.com/device/loadDevice.do?id=a1862449-e58a-4f93-995b-d0b12b7ad3b8

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BZtfiwuESF...ch+Pro2+_2.jpg

HTC TOUCH PRO 2

WVGA Display, WinMo Pro 6.1, 3.2 camera, large slide-out QWERTY, WiFi, International Quadband
  • Basic Information
    • Manufacturer
      • HTC
    • Style
      • Slider
    • Network
      • CDMA
    • Technologies
      • Windows Mobile
    • Features
      • Camera
      • GPS
      • MP3 Player
      • External Memory
      • External Display
      • Music Store Capable
      • Sprint TV Capable
      • Themes Capable
      • Full Keyboard
      • Bluetooth
  • Hardware
    • Main LCD Display
      • Display Type: TFT (Thin Film Transistor)
      • Menu Structure
        • New Touch Menu
    • Ringtone Capabilities
      • Ringer Types
        • AAC
        • AAC+
        • AMR
        • MIDI
        • MP3
        • QCP
        • WAV
        • WMA
    • Memory
      • Total ROM
        • 512 MB
      • Removable Memory: Yes
        • Type: MicroSD
    • Camera: Yes
    • Camera Details
      • Mega Pixel
      • Color Tone/Picture Effects
        • Grayscale
        • Negative
        • Sepia
      • Sensor Type
        • CMOS
      • Auto Focus: Yes
      • VGA: Yes
      • Shutter sound options: Yes
        • Off
    • Video camera: Yes
    • Video Camara Details
      • Color tones
        • Negative
        • Sepia
      • Customizable Shutter Sounds
        • Off
      • Customizable shutter sounds: Yes
      • Display Size
        • 352 x 288
      • Mime Types
        • video/mp4
      • Sprint video mail: Yes
      • Video/File Formats
        • H263
        • MPEG4
    • Data Network
      • EVDO: Yes
      • WIFI: Yes
  • Software
    • Browser Features
      • Supports Web Browser: Yes
      • Browser Supplier
        • Microsoft
      • Browser Name
        • Pocket Internet Explorer
      • Browser Version
        • Windows Mobile 6.1
      • Maximum URL Length (char)
        • Limited to Microsoft default
      • Streaming Supported: Yes
      • Supprots Instant Messaging: Yes
      • Cookies Supported: Yes
      • Downloadable Applications: Yes
      • Downloadable Digital Content (Ringtones, Wallpaper, Java Apps): Yes
      • Downloadable Games: Yes
      • Full Internet Browser: Yes
    • Audio Formats/Codecs
      • AAC
      • AAC+
      • AMR
      • AMR-NB
      • M4A
      • MIDI
      • MP3
      • WAV
      • Windows Media Audio
    • Image Formats/Codecs
      • BMP
      • GIF
      • H.263
      • JPEG
    • Video
      • H.263
      • H.264
      • MPEG-4
      • 3GPP2
    • Operating System
      • Windows Mobile
    • Bluetooth
      • Bluetooth: Yes
    • Location Based Services
      • GPS
This is information we already know about but does indeed confirm that somewhere on the horizon is a Touch Pro 2 for Sprint. Also notice it says Windows Mobile 6.1 so this should kill any rumors about Sprint pushing the release date back for Windows Mobile 6.5 release.

drewcam888 08-05-2009 02:28 PM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

Bad linky tsowen

gTen 08-05-2009 02:31 PM

Is the 3.5mm audio port on there?
________
WELLBUTRIN HELP

rms1776 08-05-2009 02:33 PM

i found it on this webpage https://developer.sprint.com/device/...b-d0b12b7ad3b8

tsowen 08-05-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rms1776 (Post 1083181)

Thanks, fixed the link in the first post.

slopokdave 08-05-2009 03:03 PM

Nothing we didnt already know except further confirmation that it IS COMING!!!!!!!! Thanks TSOWEN!

tsowen 08-05-2009 03:07 PM

Yeah I had hoped the details would be more specific but they are not, does say it has WM 6.1 so I think that kills the rumor on WM 6.5, but yeah there is no doubt it is coming to Sprint. No Specs on the HTC Hero for Sprint as of yet.

nanoware 08-05-2009 03:19 PM

well didnt confipper get ahold of the shipped rom and said it was indeed 6.5? i wonder....... whats going on.... unless, that rom is a test rom, and thye are waiting for the final version of 6.5 to continue work on the rom, and it will ship with 6.1.. but later be upgraded to 6.5

hmmmm who knows

triggerman53 08-05-2009 03:19 PM

I c there's no 3.5mm head phone jack.That's a mistake,but I c telus got it right.

slopokdave 08-05-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerman53 (Post 1083272)
I c there's no 3.5mm head phone jack.That's a mistake,but I c telus got it right.

That spec sheet doesn't list the usb port either; it just doesn't include the specs of that part of the phone. Doesn't mean there is no 3.5mm... There is no CPU, RAM, etc specs either.

brol1k 08-05-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 1083247)
Yeah I had hoped the details would be more specific but they are not, does say it has WM 6.1 so I think that kills the rumor on WM 6.5, but yeah there is no doubt it is coming to Sprint. No Specs on the HTC Hero for Sprint as of yet.

HMm tsowen, according to this link, says hero should be available ina few months :)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/

dOOfus 08-05-2009 03:34 PM

What's with the ugly battery cover?

tsowen 08-05-2009 03:35 PM

Yeah the Specs sheet wasn't as detailed as some of the other phones listed nor was a picture posted of the phone either. Who knows what Sprint is planning with this device. One thing is I hope the change the battery cover. I would much preffer the original over Sprints so called innovative design.

tsowen 08-05-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brol1k (Post 1083294)
HMm tsowen, according to this link, says hero should be available ina few months :)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/

Yeah I have seen that. I meant on the sprint developer site there is nothing listed for "Official Specs"

triggerman53 08-05-2009 03:38 PM

I can c them leaving out the same three year old RAM,CPU,and old boring usb headphone jack and charger(the things that don't set it apart from the previous gen. Devices)but I don't think they would leave out the fact that there's a faster pocesser are 3.5mm headphone jack in it(things that can set it apart).We can hope for the best though.

jethro_static 08-05-2009 03:49 PM

Looking good. I like the back cover design but the only thing is, it's rounded.I can use this phone for "truth or dare" instead of a bottle. But overall, I'm ready for this.

Exil3d 08-05-2009 03:52 PM

booooooooooooo! Same Pro specs same crippled 3d hardware! BOOOOO!!!!! :angry7: aND WM 6.1 bOOOOOO111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jethro_static 08-05-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1083335)
booooooooooooo! Same Pro specs same crippled 3d hardware! BOOOOO!!!!! :angry7: aND WM 6.1 bOOOOOO111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's ok. Atleast we have a bigger screen. Just look at it as a bigger TP with all the strengths and weaknesses.

Tuffgong4 08-05-2009 04:17 PM

I have been fighting between a Touch Pro 2, Diamond 2 and Hero for sprint (haven't heard any rumors about the diamond 2 though) and am very sad that the inside hardware doesn't seem to have been upgraded at all.

I may see what Samsung has on the horizon for Android phones...possibly even thinking about a Pre.

djpsyco 08-05-2009 04:17 PM

The Telus version has been out for a week. I went to the store to touch it and feel it and I must admit that i'm pretty disapointed. I love my diamond because it's a WM PDA and it's small. I was expecting someting more like the TP, but a little thinner. Finnally I found it big and heavy. I could probably use it as a weapon if i'm attacked by a burglar.

I think i'll keep my Diamond and hope for the Diamond 2 to be smaller and thinner.

brol1k 08-05-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 1083302)
Yeah I have seen that. I meant on the sprint developer site there is nothing listed for "Official Specs"

ahh i see what u mean now.

gTen 08-05-2009 04:34 PM

When I was asking about the 3.5mm jack it was just out of curiosity as to if there was a change or not (to explain the suppository delay)

The hardware is usually manufactured way before the software as software changes so wm6.1 may be on it but once its release time it can be wm6.5

And as for the hardware..I thought we don't need a faster processor..all we need are the drivers?
________
Upload Replays Starcraft

psycho_maniac 08-05-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dOOfus (Post 1083299)
What's with the ugly battery cover?

i agree dont like the battery cover at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1083335)

what you mean crippled?

themuffinman 08-05-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpsyco (Post 1083378)
I think i'll keep my Diamond and hope for the Diamond 2 to be smaller and thinner.

May I ask how can you hope the diamond2 will be a smaller phone than the diamond1 when you should know yourself that the screen on the diamond2 will be considerably larger?

jethro_static 08-05-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1083472)
May I ask how can you hope the diamond2 will be a smaller phone than the diamond1 when you should know yourself that the screen on the diamond2 will be considerably larger?

Maybe he meant smaller and thinner than the TP2

AstainHellbring 08-05-2009 05:17 PM

I actually really like the battery back has a cool flair to it

Alksion 08-05-2009 05:32 PM

Cool, I guess? Didn't really get me too excited and people saying more information of conformation, well I don't need usless specs to tell me it is coming, I know! I'm looking for the juicy stuff, but whatever, cheers!

christophocles 08-05-2009 05:40 PM

It will be a huge disappointment if this phone doesn't have the 3.5mm jack that other carriers are getting on their version of the TP2. It would almost be enough to make me choose a different phone or carrier. This is exactly the reason that a phone should not be tied to a certain carrier. But I've been waiting for this phone and I really want to see it in person so I can make a decision.

This data sheet doesn't include hardware specifications, though, so maybe they didn't screw it up after all..

themuffinman 08-05-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1083475)
Maybe he meant smaller and thinner than the TP2

Oh ok I guess that would make sense

RONMAC 08-05-2009 06:53 PM

I will be sitching from VZW to Sprint (can't beat the pricing) in September so I look forward to having this phone over my current gimped TP and from everything I am seeing (TD and TP are bot no longer available in the store and the current rebate form expiring in 9/7) all looks good for me to get it when I switch.

tech 08-05-2009 06:53 PM

where the gobi at?

piscesjoey 08-05-2009 07:04 PM

I see Sprint continues to use the digital clock.... hey Terry, how bout finding some info on a Sprint Diamond 2 LOL

blasphemous_prime 08-05-2009 07:08 PM

I'll only be sold for the international capabilities of the device mainly, which makes up for the one thing that has been left out in the cold which is the flashlight. SIM cards overseas, here I come!

chronster 08-05-2009 07:13 PM

It's kind of ironic. When we wanted the black back piece, they gave us silver. Now they're giving us a black back, but the silver one looks better lol

tsowen 08-05-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 1083772)
I see Sprint continues to use the digital clock.... hey Terry, how bout finding some info on a Sprint Diamond 2 LOL

Yeah would be nice to see some information rather Sprint does get the Diamond 2 or even the rumored HTC Touch HD possibly coming to the US>Sprint

jason25 08-05-2009 07:38 PM

I just can't justify getting this to replace my TP. I don't see anything that gets me excited.

guitardoc64 08-05-2009 07:58 PM

I'm excited. I can't wait to see the posts when it hits. I always do that, LOL. PPCGeeks is a perfect group to get the reviews from. When the Diamond hit and didn't have a SD, I was glad I waited. When the TP hit, the hardware issues and battery problems made me glad I waited again. So I'll be watching...

guitardoc64 08-05-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpsyco (Post 1083378)
The Telus version has been out for a week. I went to the store to touch it and feel it and I must admit that i'm pretty disapointed. I love my diamond because it's a WM PDA and it's small. I was expecting someting more like the TP, but a little thinner. Finnally I found it big and heavy. I could probably use it as a weapon if i'm attacked by a burglar.

It's still smaller and lighter than the 6700...

ksg 08-05-2009 08:19 PM

Some quick tidbits:

- No mention of the 3.5mm audio jack
- WM 6.1 - what gives?
- No camera flashlight/LED (in its place is a MUTE button-- which is in a horrible location. I can totally see myself hitting it while talking on the phone).
- Phone seems actually LARGER than the original Touch Pro (in every way). The screen is larger but so is the phone. This seems like a step backward.
- What is w/ that UGLY battery cover with the crevices/pits/holes that will get filled w/ junk from my pocket? Horrible design.

That said, I'm looking forward to trying it out myself...

tsowen 08-05-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1083927)
Some quick tidbits:

- No mention of the 3.5mm audio jack
- WM 6.1 - what gives?
- No camera flashlight/LED (in its place is a MUTE button-- which is in a horrible location. I can totally see myself hitting it while talking on the phone).
- Phone seems actually LARGER than the original Touch Pro (in every way). The screen is larger but so is the phone. This seems like a step backward.
- What is w/ that UGLY battery cover with the crevices/pits/holes that will get filled w/ junk from my pocket? Horrible design.

That said, I'm looking forward to trying it out myself...

Lol, I agree to all the above and I am too looking forward to trying it out as well.