PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC Hero looks great! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72666)

shaun0207 06-24-2009 10:09 AM

HTC Hero looks great!

Probably gonna be hitting T-mobile. But this look great with the HTC Sense UI on it too. Gonna have to make me a WAD theme like this

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/24/h...s-own-website/

FlowingAway 06-24-2009 10:41 AM

HTC Hero's "Sense" UI coming to other HTC devices

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5239

Looks amazing! Could it be ported to the Touch Pro?

itouch24 06-24-2009 10:44 AM

Re: HTC Hero's "Sense" UI coming to other HTC devices

wow that is really an amazing interface... i wish the TP2 would have that ....

Siflan 06-24-2009 10:45 AM

Wow! It's sweet!

w7excursion 06-24-2009 10:52 AM

Just keeps getting better

ChaosTheory 06-24-2009 11:00 AM

Ooo, I want one of those *drools* :lol:

Mylt1 06-24-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

and it will be introduced in HTC’s entire portfolio of mobile phones
lets hope. that just looks sweet. i would dump 6.5 in a heart beat for that.

w7excursion 06-24-2009 11:02 AM

Re: HTC Hero looks great!

Looks nice

MikeElGiga23 06-24-2009 11:04 AM

HOLY Sh!T!!!!!!!! HTC does it again!!!! Android looks awesome with the HTC touchup just like they did with WM and TF3D!! Beautiful UI with a beaitiful OS........

If this comes to Sprint = bye bye Pre

mikenerd 06-24-2009 11:06 AM

very cool.

gearjunkeez 06-24-2009 11:15 AM

it looks like Point UI and TF3d hooked up at a bar, had too many drinks, and produced a wonderfully gifted love child! Awesome!

Sporkman 06-24-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 993554)
lets hope. that just looks sweet. i would dump 6.5 in a heart beat for that.

yes i would as well

BRIVERS73 06-24-2009 11:16 AM

Very nice...hopefully the final product move as fluidly...

banjoeball 06-24-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 (Post 993581)
Very nice...hopefully the final product move as fluidly...

We can only hope! (but with our current winmo, we'll have to hope pretty hard!)

xconwayx 06-24-2009 11:26 AM

That took my breathe away.

MikeElGiga23 06-24-2009 11:29 AM

this is exactly why i wanted HTC to focus more on android till WM7, cmon do you see how awesome the OS and HTC's makeover go together??? everything is so fluid and smooth without having to worry about popping into the standard non finger-friendly WM screens

ME.....WANT.....THIS!!!! (i tend to overreact lol)

any word when and where it will hit carriers here in the US??? I seriouslly think im gonna dump my future Pre for this if it comes soon...

TheRealHotshot 06-24-2009 11:38 AM

Umm is it just me or does the htc hero looks JUST LIKE a G1 phone minus the keyboard...kinda like they had leftover hardware and was to lazy to really sit down and design a whole new device??? Could just be me. IMO

SBR_L3GION 06-24-2009 11:45 AM

it looks oddly familiar to me... oh yea it looks like a new version of tflo3d I will admit it is sweet looking but as far as a new UI it just looks like they took Tflo3d to a new level.

veedubguru 06-24-2009 11:51 AM

I watched that entire clip with my tounge on the floor. I've never considered anything but WinMo. No iPhones, no Android... If this thing should hit my Sprint store, I'll be just like the folks that waited outside overnight for the Pre, but I'll still be excited to have it a week after I get it. :)

shaun0207 06-24-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 993627)
Umm is it just me or does the htc hero looks JUST LIKE a G1 phone minus the keyboard...kinda like they had leftover hardware and was to lazy to really sit down and design a whole new device??? Could just be me. IMO

It does a little, but I still like it. Since I have the Pre now as my 2nd line and the Touch Pro as my main line, I dont know if I could give up WM for Android.

TheRealHotshot 06-24-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 993703)
It does a little, but I still like it. Since I have the Pre now as my 2nd line and the Touch Pro as my main line, I dont know if I could give up WM for Android.

I haven't seen the UI everyone is going nuts over imma try and find some videos of it on youtube. But just the design of the phone is just like the G1 and I'm not a fan of any phone without a keyboard its a must have for me.

MikeElGiga23 06-24-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 993731)
I haven't seen the UI everyone is going nuts over imma try and find some videos of it on youtube. But just the design of the phone is just like the G1 and I'm not a fan of any phone without a keyboard its a must have for me.

theres another thread on this with a link on the UI video (HTC Hero - First Look) if you want to search youtube

this thing made the Pre look.... mehhh to me after i saw that (d/\mn you HTC!!!)

mazpro 06-24-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 993662)
I watched that entire clip with my tounge on the floor. I've never considered anything but WinMo. No iPhones, no Android... If this thing should hit my Sprint store, I'll be just like the folks that waited outside overnight for the Pre, but I'll still be excited to have it a week after I get it. :)

Agreed 100% :headbang:

TheRealHotshot 06-24-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 993744)
theres another thread on this with a link on the UI video (HTC Hero - First Look) if you want to search youtube

this thing made the Pre look.... mehhh to me after i saw that (d/\mn you HTC!!!)

Yea I'm about to break out the ole youtube on my tp and check it out see what's all the fuss is about lol

TheRealHotshot 06-24-2009 12:40 PM

Ok so I checked out the htc hero UI and OMG unreal is all I can say it is mouth dropping I must say

CozBoogie 06-24-2009 12:41 PM

Moved and merged.

late,
Coz

slbailey1 06-24-2009 12:41 PM

I've been reading reports that the Sense UI is replacing Touch Flo3D and will be ported the WM devices!

I'm now trying to find detailed video on the operation of the new UI.

denco7 06-24-2009 12:42 PM

Am I the only one thinking Mobile shell 3.0 ripoff ?

They say it will be for all " NEW " HTC phones, so get out your porting tools

InvincibleLiving 06-24-2009 12:43 PM

wow... looks pretty hot... trackball. I'm not sold on the Android angle though. That UI could be replicated for WM i'd think!

TheRealHotshot 06-24-2009 12:49 PM

Very very nice. *guy voice from the hulk movie* yea...I like that...I need that...lol

MoonZ*BabysH 06-24-2009 12:49 PM

Man that sence UI BLOWS TF3D out of the water and makes it look ancient. when can we get that?

InvincibleLiving 06-24-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 993802)
Man that sence UI BLOWS TF3D out of the water and makes it look ancient. when can we get that?

we'll have it by the end of next month lol... it's why i love this place!

MikeElGiga23 06-24-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denco7 (Post 993787)
Am I the only one thinking Mobile shell 3.0 ripoff ?

They say it will be for all " NEW " HTC phones, so get out your porting tools

actually, the MS3 lifestyle screen was an android ripoff

PS. i wonder how Winmo will handle this since the homescreen isnt paged like android??? we will see, maybe a different version is coming to change the TF3d tabbed style and have exclusivity features between the WM and Android UI's

breakmyfootoff 06-24-2009 04:27 PM

That does look very nice, hopefully it ends up getting ported to other HTC devices too.

99accordv6 06-24-2009 06:30 PM

I like it

zero157h7 06-24-2009 06:33 PM

Ah, but will Sprint ever get it? Frustrating that Sprint and T Mobile were the only two carriers willing to be charter members of the open handset alliance and it looks as if AT&T and Verizon will have Android devices first. At least we can look forward to the winmo port and it getting chopped up for our devices (hopefully in a timely manner).

skruff77 06-24-2009 07:00 PM

i want this on my TP. hopefully we can get it soon
here is a video on the UI on the G1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRX5N...eature=related

slbailey1 06-24-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero157h7 (Post 994579)
Ah, but will Sprint ever get it? Frustrating that Sprint and T Mobile were the only two carriers willing to be charter members of the open handset alliance and it looks as if AT&T and Verizon will have Android devices first. At least we can look forward to the winmo port and it getting chopped up for our devices (hopefully in a timely manner).

PhoneNews is reporting that Sprint will get this phone. Here's the link.
http://www.phonenews.com/exclusive-s...d-device-8288/

jimmiekain 06-24-2009 10:06 PM

DANG! that thing is crazy nice... if it had a keyboard and was coming to sprint i would trade my girlfriend for it! (by the way, www.phonedog.com is reporting that it will not be coming to t-mobile)

copper rs 06-24-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero157h7 (Post 994579)

T-mobile has an android device, the first actually. The G1. This should be the android phone sprint has been promising. The MyTouch 3G (similar phone) is going to t-mobile some time in the very near future.

Android is an awesome mobile OS and it finally looks like the ball is rolling for it. The best thing about this device (and up to this point the only drawback to android) is its Exchange support. Meaning you can finally use android for corporate email without annoying 3rd party workarounds. If this does indeed hit sprint it will be my next phone, goodbye Diamond, goodbye windows mobile.