PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC to release Snapdragon device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56438)

BigDiesel07 02-05-2009 12:58 PM

HTC to release Snapdragon device

Here is good news... It seems that HTC will be releasing a handset based on Qualcomm's new mobile platform, called 'Snapdragon'... It spec's includes a 1 Ghz processor.. More info found here..

The only bad news.. It looks to not be out until the fall of this year...

Garwood71 02-05-2009 01:12 PM

Re: HTC to release Snapdragon device

What up Big D ? Tis a shame there's no image yet for that phone. I saw that new Toshiba mentioned on that link on Youtube today. It might be thin but it's still got some serious surface area. And they talk about the TP in yer pocket. That thing is like a jr. lap top.

Hafrust 02-05-2009 01:24 PM

Any idea as to how they are going to keep these things cool?

EtherealRemnant 02-06-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hafrust (Post 691818)
Any idea as to how they are going to keep these things cool?

Or put a battery in them that can last a full day? :)

stifiling 02-06-2009 10:51 PM

one thing that'll make most phone geeks 'immediately' buy a new phone, is if the next one is released with the huge Touch HD/Iphone size screen.

if that's the case...it's gonna be another extreme rush like it was with the pro. Guaranteed.

wmdunn 02-08-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 691756)
Here is good news... It seems that HTC will be releasing a handset based on Qualcomm's new mobile platform, called 'Snapdragon'... It spec's includes a 1 Ghz processor.. More info found here..

Thanks for the info ... you always do a great job bringing new stuff to our attention.

BigDiesel07 02-08-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 698448)
Thanks for the info ... you always do a great job bringing new stuff to our attention.

Thank you.. I find relevant info to PPC Geeks, I will post it here... :)

lawmangrant 02-10-2009 07:40 AM

I always like checking out the news here, most of it makes me drool for stuff we will never see!

No1ustad 02-10-2009 04:50 PM

3.8" screen.. 1ghz processor...
battery life: 3 hrs?

Sauske 02-13-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 691756)

No.......Snapdragon is the chipset that Qualcomm's has created and there are currently no spec released yet for the HTC version of the phone. Although they will not be the first handset maker to introduce such a powerful device — we’ve already seen the shiny Toshiba TG01 announced — we’ve no doubts HTC knows what it’s doing. (Two different Phone if you haven't caught on yet):thumbleft: