PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Sprint posts Windows Mobile 6.1 update for Motorola Q9c

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...-motorola-q9c/
Maybe Touch and Mogul users soon?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Sprint posts Windows Mobile 6.1 update for Motorola Q9c

i'm still picking my nose for that new mogul rom... and why would a lesser phone the q9c get it first? my mogul is more expensive and runs pro.. so the q9c is the first smartphone edition of 6.1 the mogul will be the first 6.1 pro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nosepick.jpg (34.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper
Re: Sprint posts Windows Mobile 6.1 update for Motorola Q9c

They know we want it, so they're gonna make us wait as long as possible.

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
i'm still picking my nose for that new mogul rom... and why would a lesser phone the q9c get it first? my mogul is more expensive and runs pro.. so the q9c is the first smartphone edition of 6.1 the mogul will be the first 6.1 pro
Considering the smartphone editions were leaked first, I'm guessing they were done first, as well. That or they're less complex. Either way, I'm not remotely surprised that a simpler phone would get an earlier update. Easier and less to lose.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Q9C

spurs561 is a n00b

This update supremely stinks ( it is for Verizon so I can't speak for the other carriers ) in the fact that once it reaches the firmware screen on the phone it reports that it is disconnected on the software screen and to restart the phone which requires the battery be removed. It is frozen at that point. Then when it reconnects it states it is not the same hardware and won't continue. I have tried to do this update on 5 different machines with 3 different operating systems other than windows Vista 64. And also on 2 other Q9C's. I have removed software and reinstalled, I have re-downloaded the software update several times from the Motorola site. I have done complete and total Master resets as well as a complete and total format of all of my Q9C's. Nothing is working. I have contacted Motorola 4 times with no response. I am a certified Tech so I can't imagine what the average end user is going through. Needless to say I will not be getting any other Motorola products. They can't write a program properly (as well as Microsoft getting some of the blame here) and they will not provide customer service, or even a courtesy response. And I mean no response at all from any of their provided contacts. I can't even believe these knuckleheads won't respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well I guess they think they are so big that they don't need to. Bad mistake in this day and age. A lot of people can be contacted in a very short time. And bigger companies have fallen when they decided their customers did not matter. Oh well! This is to warn you folks that may be about to try it. It's not worth the headache and I suggest that you buy an LG, Samsung or anything else where they at least provide customer support of any kind!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives