PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond

There's nothing that torques me off more than when a company introduces a nice slim device with a useless stock battery. Then, if you actually want to USE the thing you're forced to use a huge extended battery that makes the thing look pregnant.

Just add a millimeter or two to the damn thing and give me a battery that gets me through a full day!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!
Courtney... I've seen alot of your post just being 'SWEET!' JK!

I'm really pumped for this phone. Its so bad that I'm not even starting to care about how I treat my Mogul anymore... I feel guilty.

I CAN'T WAIT until they release some Raphael pics and the official official finalized uuber pretty specs.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: S6
Carrier: Verizon

Blad3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDiv View Post
There's nothing that torques me off more than when a company introduces a nice slim device with a useless stock battery. Then, if you actually want to USE the thing you're forced to use a huge extended battery that makes the thing look pregnant.

Just add a millimeter or two to the damn thing and give me a battery that gets me through a full day!
its a shame people don't read more. you don't know how the phone is going to perform. what with all the enhancements made to take the load off the processor, i'm sure the performance time is going to be as good if not better than mogul. i've even read that they might just bump up the power a few notches. in any case though save your torquing for when you know the real deal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Courtney... I've seen alot of your post just being 'SWEET!' JK!

I'm really pumped for this phone. Its so bad that I'm not even starting to care about how I treat my Mogul anymore... I feel guilty.

I CAN'T WAIT until they release some Raphael pics and the official official finalized uuber pretty specs.
dude thats hilarious, i saw the videos of the diamond and looked at my touch, like "i dont want this piece of junk". then i showed the videos to my coworker and my brother who both have moguls, and we all had the same thoughts....looked at our current phones like, "these suck".

I soooo dont want ANY phone but the diamond...it makes the touch and mogul look like toys in comparison.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC-6800)
Carrier: Sprint

Clement312 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Clement312

When is this coming out???? Is it for Sprint. cause ill buy it
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad3 View Post
its a shame people don't read more. you don't know how the phone is going to perform. what with all the enhancements made to take the load off the processor, i'm sure the performance time is going to be as good if not better than mogul. i've even read that they might just bump up the power a few notches. in any case though save your torquing for when you know the real deal.
Considering the Mogul's battery life was dreadful, and HTC considered it acceptable, power comparable to the Mogul is NOT a good thing. Even if it's slightly better, that's not good enough for heavy use. My experience backs up the complaints of the user you were responding to, and I have no reason to expect better from the new phone. I believe that the optimizations to power usage are exactly what allowed them to drop the size of the battery while maintaining the same battery life as their current models. For me, I'd much rather the phone be slightly thicker right off the bat and have a battery that's actually useful.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor

Actually, the stock battery on the Mogul does get me through a full day. But then I'm using WM6.1 and a bunch of tweaks to save power. But even out of the box the Mogul lasts longer than the Apache. I'd hardly call it "dreadful."
Old 05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
Actually, the stock battery on the Mogul does get me through a full day. But then I'm using WM6.1 and a bunch of tweaks to save power. But even out of the box the Mogul lasts longer than the Apache. I'd hardly call it "dreadful."
Average usage for me, by 4:00 I was at 20%, which is the point where the phone won't even RING when it receives a call. There were times my phone literally died in the middle of a call, stranding me in some bad situation. I'd call that dreadful. And that was with all the tweaks. Had to go to the 3200 mAh battery to get around that.

The problem with the Mogul is that its battery life was inconsistent. Some users had great life, others had as much trouble as I did. And even I didn't always have that. Some days I'd get home from work with 60% remaining.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9700 & iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

JuJu is becoming a great contributor

OHHHH EMMMM GEEEE!!!

I've never been more excited to spend an absurd amount of money in my ENTIRE life. I can't wait until they come out! Goodbye Mogul, hello [insert extremely cool new device here]...

I've seen the future, and it is most definitely worth sticking around for (lol).
Old 05-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

I'm gonna laugh my @.... off when people start bricking thier phones.

Just kidding. That wouldn't be cool.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives