PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

blademan1969 04-26-2008 08:45 PM

has anyone heard how much these phones are going to be price wise? I wonder if they will take a mogul in trade...lol

gadgetfreak 04-26-2008 10:34 PM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 262091)
In case you don't want to read that link, here are the updated specs:

* Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
* Qualcomm MSM 7201A @ 528MHz
* 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM
* 7.2MB HSDPA / HSUPA (rev A EVDO for Sprint versions)
* 2.8" VGA screen
* WiFi
* Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
* eGPS **See below
* 3.1MP Camera with flash
* Forward facing camera
* 4GB internal flash storage (Diamond only) - Samsung MoviNAND
* TV out (Raphael only)
* Orientation sensor (a-la-iPhone)
* FM Radio
* microSD expansion
* 900mAh battery (!!!)
* Diamond: 51x99x10.7mm
* Raphael: 51x99x17mm

**eGPS
What is eGPS you ask? Talk about cutting edge, this stuff was just officially announced by the UK company CSR in February. Basically it’s like aGPS but better. Way better. (In fairness, Qualcomm has their gpsOneXTRA to compete)

A typical eGPS push-to-fix will be available in less than 4 seconds, accurate to within 10 meters and require the equivalent power of less than 1 second of handset talk time.

I just wet my pants

:: drool ::

If these specs are accurate, both of these phones are going to be awesome. As long as Sprint doesn't cripple them,, that is... :mrgreen:

eXplicit 04-26-2008 10:51 PM

Well, there seems to be 3 of them. I'll definitely have to have the one with 4GB internal flash storage. eGPS, great feature. 128mb RAM, awesome! FM Radio? Yes, sir!!!

All-in-all, we're gonna have ourselves some pretty outstanding equipment in our hands at the end of this year. Let's start saving our pennies! I can guarantee Sprint is gonna start gaining some interest from some consumers when this comes out. Maybe there will be a later update for Rev. B? We'll just have to wait for the official press release.

otacon72 04-27-2008 01:17 AM

Well my $150 off just happens to come due in June and I was going to get an 800w but i think I'll be holding off. My contracts are up for my Mogul and datacard in June also. Looking forward to going to battle with Sprint when these beauties come out...lol

aughsum 04-27-2008 01:19 AM

well im disappointed by the tiny screen and the form factor dimensions look a bit.. off. hopefully its more than 1.5mm slimmer than the mogul. otherwise the specs look great. whats teh deal with the fm radio? can it be toggled intoa transmitter?

erick10 04-27-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 257689)
First, i would STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest not committing fraud as above to "break" a Mogul once the Raphnel comes out.

Second, they have no obligation to give you a Raphnel as a swap. the treo 800w is actually the direct correlation in specs to the Mogul that would be given as a swap. The Raphnel would be a higher tier and cost phone than the Mogul with 3mp, VGA, more memory etc.

I seriously doubt youd have much luck with that one when theres a 6.1, 128/256, wifi, gps phone with similar specs out in the Treo. Realize their policy says they only have to give you a phone with SIMILAR features, not an upgrade.

This is not right. If you get Sprint to allowing to trade in your Mogul for another phone you can get what ever phone you want. All you do is pay money if its higher that the msrp price of the mogul which is $550. Im telling you this because when the Mogul came out, my cousin got sprint in trading his 6700 plus $50 for new Mogul,.

SprintTouch08 04-27-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erick10 (Post 262396)
This is not right. If you get Sprint to allowing to trade in your Mogul for another phone you can get what ever phone you want. All you do is pay money if its higher that the msrp price of the mogul which is $550. Im telling you this because when the Mogul came out, my cousin got sprint in trading his 6700 plus $50 for new Mogul,.

no that is not right whatever someone told you they did. Ask any employee there is NO such LEGIT program to trade up for the price difference after 30 days. Any employee in here will verify this.

Bearxor 04-27-2008 01:48 PM

Looks like good specs. The 128MB of RAM was to be expected and I fully expect that the forward-facing camera will be nixed in the North American market, which shouldn't come as much surprise to anyone.

Definitely will be great devices for side-slider and Touch fans.

chappy 04-27-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfreak (Post 262200)
:: drool ::

If these specs are accurate, both of these phones are going to be awesome. As long as Sprint doesn't cripple them,, that is... :mrgreen:

Cripple them how?

akijikan 04-27-2008 05:37 PM

TV-out? wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff?