PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

Gilliland 04-28-2008 11:29 AM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat (Post 263720)
I would have to try it and see, but there are already several WinMo phones with 2.8" VGA displays so I can't imagine that it's that impractical.

That's fine, my point is that HTC has said nothing to suggest that this will be a VGA phone. Everyone is jumping the gun here. Perhaps it will turn out to be true, but at this point it's nothing more than a lot of wishful thinking.

I'd be perfectly happy to see them introduce a full VGA phone, I think it would be great. I just hate to see everyone jumping to this conclusion when there is actually no basis for it at this point.

TurboFool 04-28-2008 12:04 PM

I'm trying to understand the logic behind the 4GB being in only the Diamond. Why does the higher-end, QWERTY model not include a large amount of memory?

EtherealRemnant 04-28-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilliland (Post 263734)
That's fine, my point is that HTC has said nothing to suggest that this will be a VGA phone. Everyone is jumping the gun here. Perhaps it will turn out to be true, but at this point it's nothing more than a lot of wishful thinking.

I'd be perfectly happy to see them introduce a full VGA phone, I think it would be great. I just hate to see everyone jumping to this conclusion when there is actually no basis for it at this point.

It wouldn't make sense to increase the screen size without increasing the screen resolution as well.

This WILL be a VGA phone.

Hoof 04-28-2008 02:10 PM

Who the hell will use the tv out on the raphael?

hellraiser_osu 04-28-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof (Post 263944)

One of the guys here at work said with the TV out he can get rid of his Zune since he can put the videos on the phone and use the TV out to output it to his TV in his camper when he goes RVing....

Gilliland 04-28-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 263859)
It wouldn't make sense to increase the screen size without increasing the screen resolution as well.

They're NOT increasing the screen size. The Mogul's screen is 2.8" today, exactly the same size as the proposed replacement (Raphael).

Perasite 04-28-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

I'd use it. We can view powerpoints, so why not display them from our PDA's as well. Lot's of uses for it... hook it up to my video screens in my car to watch movies (stupid recorded DVD's skip on the thing)

BlackDynamite 04-28-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof (Post 263944)

Wow, I can't imagine not using it...

This phone will have EVDO Rev A, and a TV out. So that means I can download a movie from my home computer, and watch it on a TV in a hotel (or motorhome, or friend's house, or wherever I may be).

Also, it should compliment my Slingbox nicely...

In general though, when I remote into my home PC, it would sure be nice to see it on a big TV screen...

The sky is the limit with a TV out. I think it will be one of the best features of the device...

aughsum 04-28-2008 04:54 PM

it wont exactly be 1080P TVout but I'll use it. hopefully its not rca out. hdmi please.

EtherealRemnant 04-28-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilliland (Post 263987)
They're NOT increasing the screen size. The Mogul's screen is 2.8" today, exactly the same size as the proposed replacement (Raphael).

You're completely right. That was my mistake. For some reason, I was thinking the Mogul was 2.6"

I still think its going to be VGA... but I think the VGA model will hit at&t, not Sprint.