PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I don't remember who offers it but I don't think it was tmobile. Or maybe I'm even mistaken in saying that...but I think so.
~mike

Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well if it's a gsm phone than you could get it unlocked and use it with any gsm network. I always wish that sprint is on a gsm network so we could have multiple phones and switch them whenever we wanted to. I just got a hold of a Sony Ericsson P900i and thinking about getting a line with Tmobile.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
The Universal is not offered by any US provider. But like wingzero mentioned, just buy one unlocked from a dealer or eBay. I'm thinking of getting a Tytn (or other 3G phone) on one of the GSM providers once I move across the river.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HERO/PALM PRE
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

jayroc80 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jayroc80 Send a message via MSN to jayroc80 Send a message via Yahoo to jayroc80
Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Great news indeed. I also would love to get my hands on the exec. myself. I think you can get it in the states just can't remember who through...its steap tho and I can't seem to find anyone reasonable.
I think it is T-mobile that offers this phone in European and other overseas nations. I don't think this phone has been bastardized enough for standards lol...

Argh I get confused with the GMS and CDMA verbiage...I can only hope this phone would come as GMS, is there an advantage of the Universal/Exec only being on CDMA (not for the cell phone company per say, but technologically sakes).
Old 12-01-2006, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
GSM phones can be unlocked now for the last 6 years or so. So most don't even bother with locking them. Only Vodafone does this extensively on their phones. But not on all. My Treo came unlocked from Vodafone allthough it should have been locked. Vodafone just doesn't understand WM5.....

Is there no possibility to use GSM phones with Sprint? I know some guys are on Cingular with Vodafone GSM Treo 750......
Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yea but I don't like gsm simply to easy for someone t steal ur phone and use it, plus gsm providers in my area suc! I knew I could get one unlocked but I could have sworn you can get this phone in the states....I remember a company giving it to its employees, I thought. Might have been mistaken.....oh well still don't have that kind of money just laying around! :P
~mike
Old 12-01-2006, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
That is the best part about GSM in NL. I got my Treo for free with a subscription renewal!
Plus I can use other networks if I choose so. My phone is not stuck to one provider and that is the best thing I think.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Retired Staff

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
yea but I don't like gsm simply to easy for someone t steal ur phone and use it, plus gsm providers in my area suc! I knew I could get one unlocked but I could have sworn you can get this phone in the states....I remember a company giving it to its employees, I thought. Might have been mistaken.....oh well still don't have that kind of money just laying around! :P
~mike
What makes a GSM phone earier to steal?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Founder & Owner

not easier to steal but more of a target I guess u could say as u can just slide in a sim card and boom u have a working phone (if its unlocked).
~mike
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Retired Staff

It is actually much more secure and harder to clone or manipulate GSM SIM cards/service then CDMA phone/service.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives