PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Read me in TIME Magazine defending the WM-based phone over iPhone!

I submitted an OpEd piece into TIME magazine in response to their giving the iPhone the title of "Invention of the Year". The article touting the iPhone was sooooo one-sided and unresearched that I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Unfortuately, they butchered my letter into a one paragraph sidenote and omitted some very carefully chosen words I used in order to solidify my points.....BUT I'M IN TIME MAGAZINE, NONETHELESS!

My note is the first one...Eagle Bear Morgan, SEATTLE....Check it out.....http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...684550,00.html
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Nice...can you post the whole response that you wrote?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I would love to, but it was a diret submission...and they own it now. I don't have it... But it basically picked apart every false statement made in the Nov12 issue. Everyone should definately read the IOTY article first. Then you'll immediately see why I had to write to them.

Here's a link to the IOTY article in TIME....http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...678542,00.html

Last edited by ebmorgan; 11-16-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added URL
Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Did they say the iPhone cures world hunger and reverses global warming as well? I'm pretty sure it does that.

I love the iPhone commercial where the guy checks out the wedding site to get the buddies new wife's name. Wow. That's amazing! I hear you can put contacts and calendar stuff in them too! Unbelievable! How could we have lived without it?

Congrats on getting the comment in.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
I swear everytime I see one of those commercials, I laugh my a$$ off. Apple knows how to advertise though.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6950

Reddie or Not is a n00b
Yeah, I heard they figured out some way to integrate a camera on the iphone.... I can't wait to see what they invent next....
Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
It is funny people that never seen a pda phone, see an iphone and think its the best thing since the potato. where I work a coworker bought the iphone, then my sup bought the mogul (after playing with my 6700). he told me that he payed less money for a phone that does more!

Dont get me wrong the iphone is pretty and has some good features. maybe next time they'll get it right. to me its just not worth the money right now.

Oh ya, dont drop the iphone, no insurance
Old 11-19-2007, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

drew454U is a n00b
this came from the article

. It's not a phone, it's a platform
when apple made the iphone, it didn't throw together some cheap-o bare-bones firmware. It took OS X, its full-featured desktop operating system, and somehow squished it down to fit inside the iPhone's elegant glass-and-stainless-steel case. That makes the iPhone more than just a gadget. It's a genuine handheld, walk-around computer, the first device that really deserves the name. One of the big trends of 2007 was the idea that computing doesn't belong just in cyberspace, it needs to happen here, in the real world, where actual stuff happens. The iPhone gets applications like Google Maps out onto the street, where we really need them

The whole article is onesided, kinda ridiculous.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
All I can say is this, Every time I see an Iphone I pull out My Mogul, And in about 20 seconds after seeing all I can do and what they can't. They regret getting those overpriced hunks of junk. To date I think Im personally to blame for 4 or 5 Iphone returns, and at least 3 WM Device sales! XD
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska View Post
All I can say is this, Every time I see an Iphone I pull out My Mogul, And in about 20 seconds after seeing all I can do and what they can't. They regret getting those overpriced hunks of junk. To date I think Im personally to blame for 4 or 5 Iphone returns, and at least 3 WM Device sales! XD
I was on an airplane and this guy pulled out his Iphone. He was showing off that the weather on Orlando would be 65 degrees. I pulled out my apache and started playing with the Touch Cube. Then I pulled out the keyboard.

Needless to say he was quite in only a couple of minutes

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives