PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   iphone or android? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99220)

bornl33t 11-29-2009 05:33 PM

iphone or android?

This was too good to pass up. Kinda irks me how apple likes to lambast windows in their comercials. Well one thing they point out is that macs have no viruses....which is wrong. It's just few and far between. Which is understandable. Macs do not have the veratility of hardware or the market share to cause the harm a virus would on a windows machine. Not to mension macs aren't predominantly used for servers nor are they used in the finance world.

Now as far as phones go the iphone is THE one phone that is used more then any other single device. There may be more winmo phones out there, I do not know, but there are 100+ variations of hardware for this OS.

Anyway true to form, iphone has a app for everything....and soon a virus scanner too....http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/11/10/g...l-get-a-virus/

blazingwolf 11-29-2009 05:53 PM

Re: iphone or android?

The person that wrote that now has a job at a software firm. I guess it was a good way to market himself.

Also, there is a another version of this virus that can be used to get your financial info. Seems to only affect the Netherlands so far though.

Oh, this past year it took 14 seconds to break in to a Mac while it took 30 minutes to break in to a Windows Vista box. Yep, Mac is more secure. ;) :lol:

breakmyfootoff 11-30-2009 12:32 AM

I will NEVER understand why some one would pay 1300.00 for a MacBook when a comparable PC lappy is around 600.00 . And for 800.00 you can get a Windows machine that will step all over a 1300.00 MacBook.

chronster 12-01-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1372712)
I will NEVER understand why some one would pay 1300.00 for a MacBook when a comparable PC lappy is around 600.00 . And for 800.00 you can get a Windows machine that will step all over a 1300.00 MacBook.

OSX

It tends to have a better user experience.

bornl33t 12-01-2009 12:13 PM

better user experience? like when I see something on woot.com I have to ask if it's mac compatible?

chronster 12-01-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bornl33t (Post 1376761)
better user experience? like when I see something on woot.com I have to ask if it's mac compatible?

Seriously? That's your problem with osx? rofl.

I would buy a mac if I didn't know a lot about how to use a computer, nor did I wish to learn. Macs are pretty straight forward and work very well. It's easy to have a nice operating system when you control every aspect of the hardware it'll run on, trust me.

nerdherd 12-01-2009 03:07 PM

If I had the money I would buy a MacBook Pro just because I LOVE how they look, and they are very thin, and have a great back lit keyboard, etc. Then I would install Windows 7 and make that the primary OS :)

chronster 12-01-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdherd (Post 1377243)
If I had the money I would buy a MacBook Pro just because I LOVE how they look, and they are very thin, and have a great back lit keyboard, etc. Then I would install Windows 7 and make that the primary OS :)

Or you could just run it with Parallels :P

nerdherd 12-01-2009 03:28 PM

Nah, Parallels adds lag. BootCamp would be the way to go :)

chronster 12-01-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdherd (Post 1377311)
Nah, Parallels adds lag. BootCamp would be the way to go :)

right on, good to know. Does boot camp work like parallels where you run windows within a virtual environment, or do you select what os you want to use at startup?