PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00
Thumbs down Driod is Glitchy!

So I went to the local Verizon store today to check out the droid. It's a really nice phone, very fast and surely capable to run any app out there. It also feels nice and solid and seems to have good graphics, although the graphic fluidity is a little skippy. The keyboard, which I thought was going to be bothersome the way the buttons are somewhat flush instead of raised, was actually not as much of a disappointment as I thought it would be. In fact, I would have no problem at all adjusting to the keyboard. I brought along with me my HTC Touch Pro in which I have a Transcend 16GB class 6 micro installed with about 13GB of mp3s and 2 movies.

I installed MY card into the Droid, which comes with a Sandisk 16GB class 2 micro installed. The movies played fine, as did the mp3s. The files loaded really fast onto the list screen. The phone even paired flawlessly with my Altec Lansing BackBeat 906 stereo bluetooth headset and sounded great!

However, when you're scrolling and flipping through the music list, upon stopping on the particular song that you wish to play, the list never stops. It keeps moving down the list no matter how long you wait for it to stop. And when you go to click on the song you wish to listen to, it never clicks on that song rather, it clicks on the song or two songs above the song you're trying to play!

I was planning to get the Droid this December, but this, for me was a deal breaker! I don't know about you guys but I depend on my phone to deal with my mp3s on the go, so I don't have to worry about a retarded iPhone and that stupid iTunes program. Hopefully there will be a fix for this issue but until there is, the Droid is out of the question as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Driod is Glitchy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
However, when you're scrolling and flipping through the music list, upon stopping on the particular song that you wish to play, the list never stops. It keeps moving down the list no matter how long you wait for it to stop. And when you go to click on the song you wish to listen to, it never clicks on that song rather, it clicks on the song or two songs above the song you're trying to play!

I was planning to get the Droid this December, but this, for me was a deal breaker! I don't know about you guys but I depend on my phone to deal with my mp3s on the go, so I don't have to worry about a retarded iPhone and that stupid iTunes program. Hopefully there will be a fix for this issue but until there is, the Droid is out of the question as far as I'm concerned.
1st: I don't have this issue.

2nd: There a a few audio applications that you can download for free.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, what blazingwolf said. To stop the kinetic scrolling all you have to do it touch the screen.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

Ah, that's true, that darn Driod is glitchy and terrible. The Droid, on the other hand, is fantastic! :P

Ok, being serious here:
Same thing as above. I haven't seen this problem at all, scrolling in music is perfect. And like BW said, there are quite a few alternatives that you can download if you don't like the default player.

Last edited by nerdherd; 11-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

I wasn't referring to the music player itself. It's th scrolling through the music list. It is good to hear that others aren't having this issue though. Maybe it was the particular phone I was dealing with. Regardless though, it did give me a bad vibe on the Droid unfortunately. I was all hyped about getting one before that happend.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Definitely check out another phone. I haven't heard anything bad whatsoever about the kinetic scrolling on the Droid in any of the Droid forums, nor have I seen/heard a video review having anything but praise for the kinetic scrolling.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-11-2009 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: N/A

QrafTee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Definitely check out another phone. I have heard anything bad whatsoever about the kinetic scrolling on the Droid in any of the Droid forums, nor have I seen/heard a video review having anything but praise for the kinetic scrolling.
I like it. You can make it move slow, make it move fast, stop it, start it... I guess I'm used to it because my Zune 80 has kinetic scrolling.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

I don't have this problem either. It could be user error.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

ironi is just getting started

i tried for quite a while to reproduce your problem and haven't managed it. sounds like the phone you were playing with had a faulty or uncalibrated screen. i've had this phone since last friday and the music player has been remarkably good compared to winmo. the avrcp controls on my bluetooth headset finally work flawlessly and even though there's no equalizer, the built-in eq profile sounds great. i think you should give the droid another shot. i upgraded from a sprint TP and I can tell you, you're missing out. the only thing the TP had over the droid was WMwifi router. i miss the hell out of that thing.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid =D

elrichmeister is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironi View Post
i tried for quite a while to reproduce your problem and haven't managed it. sounds like the phone you were playing with had a faulty or uncalibrated screen. i've had this phone since last friday and the music player has been remarkably good compared to winmo. the avrcp controls on my bluetooth headset finally work flawlessly and even though there's no equalizer, the built-in eq profile sounds great. i think you should give the droid another shot. i upgraded from a sprint TP and I can tell you, you're missing out. the only thing the TP had over the droid was WMwifi router. i miss the hell out of that thing.
Ive had this phone for about 1 whole day, got it yesterday afternoon, and i love this thing, i came from gimped TP, and OMG its like night and day. I have not had any issues with the kinetic scrolling either. The battery life is remarkable, lasted me from about 6:00AM till about 8:00PM. Im sure it would last longer, since i was using the speaker to listen to music at my job site for a few hours. I am really impressed and in love lol. I also miss WifiRouter =(, is there an app like that on other android handsets?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid