PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00
Thumbs down Driod is Glitchy!

So I went to the local Verizon store today to check out the droid. It's a really nice phone, very fast and surely capable to run any app out there. It also feels nice and solid and seems to have good graphics, although the graphic fluidity is a little skippy. The keyboard, which I thought was going to be bothersome the way the buttons are somewhat flush instead of raised, was actually not as much of a disappointment as I thought it would be. In fact, I would have no problem at all adjusting to the keyboard. I brought along with me my HTC Touch Pro in which I have a Transcend 16GB class 6 micro installed with about 13GB of mp3s and 2 movies.

I installed MY card into the Droid, which comes with a Sandisk 16GB class 2 micro installed. The movies played fine, as did the mp3s. The files loaded really fast onto the list screen. The phone even paired flawlessly with my Altec Lansing BackBeat 906 stereo bluetooth headset and sounded great!

However, when you're scrolling and flipping through the music list, upon stopping on the particular song that you wish to play, the list never stops. It keeps moving down the list no matter how long you wait for it to stop. And when you go to click on the song you wish to listen to, it never clicks on that song rather, it clicks on the song or two songs above the song you're trying to play!

I was planning to get the Droid this December, but this, for me was a deal breaker! I don't know about you guys but I depend on my phone to deal with my mp3s on the go, so I don't have to worry about a retarded iPhone and that stupid iTunes program. Hopefully there will be a fix for this issue but until there is, the Droid is out of the question as far as I'm concerned.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid