PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Will it be possible to port WM on Droid? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94440)

ruslan 11-03-2009 03:17 PM

Will it be possible to port WM on Droid?

Just throwing it out there...
I've seen it the other way and just wonder if it will be possible to have Windows Mobile on Moto Droid?

Anybody has any insights?

angel12 11-03-2009 03:38 PM

Re: Will it be possible to port WM on Droid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruslan (Post 1294612)
Just throwing it out there...
I've seen it the other way and just wonder if it will be possible to have Windows Mobile on Moto Droid?

Anybody has any insights?

um, highly doubt it. and why would you want to?

shark1987 11-03-2009 10:52 PM

well it's possible, but anyone that would actually know how to do it, I would say, would never ever want to because it wouldn't be worth all the work it would take.

QrafTee 11-04-2009 12:17 AM

It's definitely possible.

breakmyfootoff 11-04-2009 12:18 AM

I think thats actually a really good idea. Why not? Even if you like Android better than WM, whats wrong with having options? I would rather the phone be able to do something (even if I didnt use it often) rather than not be able to do it at all.

talk2nate 11-04-2009 12:23 AM

I'm acctually holding my new "Moto Droid 2.0" in my hands.. I don't see why you'd want to put Windows on the phone its self.. maybe on an SD card sure. But so far I'm highly impressed with the easy of use and the speed of 2.0 over WM 6.5 on my Imagio

breakmyfootoff 11-04-2009 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure thats what he meant. Kinda like how Vogue users can run "Android" over WM from the SD card. On my Vogue I have WM, Android, and the iPhone OS. (by iPhone OS I mean Ultimate Launch since basically they are both just app launchers :p )

ruslan 11-04-2009 05:11 PM

Well, i was just thinking that since android doesn't have that much apps yet maybe its possible to run WM (either from SD or Virtual environment or whatever) so one can use all the apps available for WM.

But if there is gonna be a lot of comparable apps coming out for Droid than I wouldn't care about porting WM to Droid myself.

breakmyfootoff 11-04-2009 05:21 PM

I've been looking into Android quite a bit lately and I havent been able to find an app that I use regularly in WM that Android doesnt have as well. Thats just for me though, obviously that'll be different depending on what apps you use. I would still just want to be able to boot it from the SD card though. Why make a choice and limit yourself to just one when you could have both (assuming that this is even possible lol)

ruslan 11-04-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1298602)
I've been looking into Android quite a bit lately and I havent been able to find an app that I use regularly in WM that Android doesnt have as well. Thats just for me though, obviously that'll be different depending on what apps you use. I would still just want to be able to boot it from the SD card though. Why make a choice and limit yourself to just one when you could have both (assuming that this is even possible lol)

Where can I read about android apps ?