PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Motorola Droid on Cricket?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105690)

Wideawake 02-11-2010 06:33 PM

Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanecain (Post 1548056)
For those few of us that havent released the info (myself included)... its because we actually do phones for a living. When the guy next door takes info you posted and undercuts you.... it's not a good feeling.

So there are a small few of us enjoying EVDO.... personally I have been able to get working EVDO wap and mms on a cricket moto droid. I'm sure others will follow and have it soon enough, or it will leak.

Unlocked the thread and removed a few posts. I believe the above statement to be true as that's how it goes in the Cricket world.
~Mike

ljm1715 02-11-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

For those few of us that havent released the info (myself included)... its because we actually do phones for a living. When the guy next door takes info you posted and undercuts you.... it's not a good feeling.

So there are a small few of us enjoying EVDO.... personally I have been able to get working EVDO wap and mms on a cricket moto droid. I'm sure others will follow and have it soon enough, or it will leak.

evdo with broadband doesnt to me seem doing the job a proxy solution needs to be found as of now your phone is good for you but if your flashing them then I guess you could always sell a broadband with the flash.... that should boost numbers...:laughing6:

ricotreo700p 02-20-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljohnson1981 (Post 1522859)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim-tim (Post 1492662)
well sprint has an android phone as well. actually 2 of them. one made by htc and the other is a samsung i believe. there has to be a way for the phone to actually hold on to the prl settings since it wouldnt be very smart of google to open source all that information since it would lag bandwith in the coding... time to do some research. im going to put a motorola droid from verizon on sprint. and yeah verizon spent bank on advertising but honestly, i believe sprint's network is way better than verizons. you see countless commercials with at&t and verizon battling it out for the number one spot... do you ever see either company bashing sprint? why because they know better. im just saying lol

Got my Sprint HTC Hero working on Cricket but no MMS yet.

hello
i see you try to flash the htc hero and palm pre...
im willing to pay you .. to teach me how to get the internet working ...on those phones!!!

metropcs24hr@live.com email me
paypal account cgjewelry@live.com

i have team viewer for remote desktop

XSYLUS 02-22-2010 02:39 AM

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"

This nonsense about "I know how to get evdo but I'm not sharing" is sooo third-grade.

A solution will never be released or "leaked" because everyone who has it thinks the same way. Furthermore, if by some chance a solution is leaked it'll will probably be a half-baked one that causes more headaches.

...and the tedium continues... ...infinitum agnosium... http://207.218.242.35/default/images/smilies/awcrap.gif

rogerandgina 02-25-2010 03:46 PM

Motorola droid data does stick with cricket. I've got one working just fine.

XSYLUS 02-26-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerandgina (Post 1590498)
Motorola droid data does stick with cricket. I've got one working just fine.

But the million dollar question is HOW do you get the settings to stick? ](*,)

XSYLUS 02-26-2010 05:58 PM

Is it just by going to the Voice Dialer and saying "open APN" and then entering new settings? I don't have my Droid activated yet so I can't test it.

banden 02-26-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSYLUS (Post 1593616)
Is it just by going to the Voice Dialer and saying "open APN" and then entering new settings? I don't have my Droid activated yet so I can't test it.

"Open APNs" - brings up a window that lets you Add a new APN or edit the Verizon one.

I wouldn't even know what to put in there. But thought I'd try to see if that helps.

los1223 02-27-2010 02:01 PM

If anyone would like to flash mine please PM me. I'm willing to pay for it.

rayborn 02-28-2010 10:59 PM

Requires nv editing to get them stick permanently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y7A2XtAvV0

XSYLUS 03-01-2010 07:20 PM

Over on HoFo they're talking about monster files for the Droid:

Quote:

There's been a solution for the moto droid..search the droid forums for the correct monster files: VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf & VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

you also need rsd lite 4.6 (remember the q)
^ user noobolicious

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post13550407

kc720 03-01-2010 08:45 PM

the sbf files are factory verizon files. i posted that on hofo. lol

XSYLUS 03-01-2010 08:56 PM

Yea, but still doesn't mean I have to pay you for a solution.

pkopalek 03-13-2010 01:39 AM

You should edit the PST settings yourself as in Ryan Mogul's thread for WinMo phones. I did all of this on a Droid Eris (NO ROOT), and the phone works perfectly.

In other words, it's not necessarily about the right ROM. It's about editing the APN just right. It's not complicated, really. The DROID apn backed up .xml file can't be that much different than the Droid Eris, the solution for which I've already posted.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...74#post1626874

XSYLUS 03-13-2010 02:32 AM

The Droid Eris is by HTC who doesn't lock down the EVDO settings like Motorola does. Droid and Droid Eris are two different phones. If it were that easy it would have been solved already. ##778 doesn't do anything on the Droid plus you can edit the APN settings by just going to the voice dialer app and saying "open APN" don't even need to edit the XML file.

lankyb 03-21-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

I think its funny how Creators of a Commercial solution charge a bundle of money for a solution to flash ONE phone then try to regulate the little man next door's pockets. Just my 2.

san20176 04-07-2010 07:44 PM

the reason why we don't post the solution is because many of you will use this info to gain $$$, i did release the solution to someone and he decided to sale it for profit so i stop doing that. solutions should be free and we should be able to share but some of you don't understand any of that. it took me about 3 days playing around with programs until i found a way for the settings to stick permanently, now i am able to use my droid on metropcs with EVDO working ;)

XSYLUS 04-08-2010 01:48 AM

Yea, but if you do release the solution for FREE the people trying to sell it will not have a consumer base. Your logic is so bassackwards; but NOT sharing the solution freely with EVERYONE you're only helping him make money. There's no way to know if your solution is the one for sale on ebay since there have been several people to crack it, I'd almost venture to say you won't freely give away the solution because you don't know how you did it, you just tinkered until something worked. Just post details one what you tried a let the rest of us test it out and narrow down the actual needed steps.

XSYLUS 04-08-2010 03:21 AM

In QXDM should I be in the NV Browser? I'm not seeing any user configurable options there. QXDM is not very intuitive. I've read the QXDM pdf guide but I'm still not clear on the correlation of QXDM with the PPP/EVDO settings of the Droid.

mikezpc 05-16-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san20176 (Post 1686665)
the reason why we don't post the solution is because many of you will use this info to gain $$$, i did release the solution to someone and he decided to sale it for profit so i stop doing that. solutions should be free and we should be able to share but some of you don't understand any of that. it took me about 3 days playing around with programs until i found a way for the settings to stick permanently, now i am able to use my droid on metropcs with EVDO working ;)

hey san how are you ? i am curious as to how u got EVDO (aka 3G) working on metro when metro doesn't even have it.
other question is im getting a Moto Droid soon and your location says Hollywood, now is that Cali or South FL ? if it's Cali does metro have 3G ?

Wtanis 05-16-2010 11:23 PM

Does metro have 3g? Im in south fla and my droid is flashed to metro but i only have 1x....i love the phone but damn so many widgets and apps require a decent connection....i become a fool whenever i spot wifi..i wish this was as easy as :sign1:phone

mikezpc 05-17-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wtanis (Post 1756774)
Does metro have 3g? Im in south fla and my droid is flashed to metro but i only have 1x....i love the phone but damn so many widgets and apps require a decent connection....i become a fool whenever i spot wifi..i wish this was as easy as :sign1:phone

lol i hear ya. same here!
im still on my TP2 for now, but already got the droid, changed and updated PRL for metropcs but it still wont show in the banner, i get nothing there. do you mind sharing any of ur settings, should be pretty close since we r both in south florida. thanks

XSYLUS 05-17-2010 09:46 PM

Okay, I have my Droid on Cricket; talk, text, and web work fine but MMS won't send. I'm not sure if the MMS settings are solely based on the APNs or if there are other settings that effect outgoing MMS. My APN settings are listed below:

Name: Cricket
APN: internet
Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
Port: 8080
Username: MDN@mycricket.com
Password: cricket
Server: wap.mycricket.com
MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port: 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP

Is anyone able to send MMS using the above settings? Personally I think the MMSC is wrong but I haven't seen an alternative. I'm able to receive MMS just fine but sending fails. Note that I'm not trying to send a large MMS either I'm not even including a picture in my test MMS. The size of the MMS I'm trying to send is 1KB, some people say that they can't send more than 970KB but 1KB should send without any issues or even a delay.

Thanks.

whitey10tc 05-18-2010 03:27 PM

I one of those that blame cricket before the device. It looks like everything is correct, have you had the MMS refreshed on your account?

dabin 05-19-2010 01:20 PM

I am having the same problem with my droid. I have changed every setting that I have read on. MMS is the only thing I cant get going and I did have my phone refreshed. Question can you received MMS cause I cant. So, I thought that would have been part of the problem as I was able to receive MMS with the ANycut trick on the Eris. But on the MOTO D I cant send or receive??????

dabin 05-19-2010 01:22 PM

I used the NV method to get my settings. Should I go into QPST and set the setting by Ryan rules althought the settings are for HTC model phones?????

mikezpc 05-19-2010 03:32 PM

hey guys i have a question, how were you guys able to flash it to metro or cricket using houdini ?
i installed the drivers
setup a virtual serial port at com20 port 11008
booted phone holding T and connected the virtual port to the right IP that i got from Ipconfig incremented by 1. so it was 192.168.16.2
now when connected to houdini, i read somewhere to use MOT W835 from the list, but i got an error saying couldn't get MAC address (or something similar) i tried another motorola phone from the list and got the same thing, i tried the HTC Hero200 and got the same thing.
any assistance on how to set it up with houdini would be greatly appreciated. on another note, i do have the metropcs PRL 2001, then called and updated it so now it shows 2004. i have all the other settings correct i believe. however when i call *228 for example, the phone still doesn't think that it's "Activated" is that because its not connected to a line (and on metropcs network) or will i only be able to get rid of that by getting an ativation code from verizon ?

Thanks so much in advance

Wtanis 05-20-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikezpc (Post 1756857)
lol i hear ya. same here!
im still on my TP2 for now, but already got the droid, changed and updated PRL for metropcs but it still wont show in the banner, i get nothing there. do you mind sharing any of ur settings, should be pretty close since we r both in south florida. thanks

I wish I could help..... before I switched I thought android would be just as easy as WinMo but nope I wasnt able to figure out anything and was forced to find someone on craigslist to do everything for me.....the good part is that they were able to get mms to work

mikezpc 05-20-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wtanis (Post 1763314)
I wish I could help..... before I switched I thought android would be just as easy as WinMo but nope I wasnt able to figure out anything and was forced to find someone on craigslist to do everything for me.....the good part is that they were able to get mms to work

i see, do u mind me asking how much they charged and where it was done ?
im in ft laudy most weekends anyway lol
what about wifi, is that working too ?
do u happen to know how they flashed it using houdini ? which device did they select from the list ?

Wtanis 05-20-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikezpc (Post 1763318)
i see, do u mind me asking how much they charged and where it was done ?
im in ft laudy most weekends anyway lol
what about wifi, is that working too ?
do u happen to know how they flashed it using houdini ? which device did they select from the list ?

Actually Miami has all the droid flashing. I searched for a while to find someone in Ft. Lauderdale but but no real luck with anyone that I trrusted would do it right. With the people I know of, they have everything working including wifi and mms. The person who flashed mine was in Kendell and he also rooted and installed a new rom onto it. You can pm if you want the numbers of the people/stores flashing.

mikezpc 05-24-2010 09:32 PM

yeah but they are charging $150 for the flash without web and mms and all that which is crazy (and i can do it my self)

here's a quick update,
Houdini is failing at 45 % and giving an error of an Unknown MAC Address, when i checked the mac address in houdini, it was showing the one from the phone not the network card that belongs to the pc that is registered with metropcs. that same mac address is also shown in the command prompt when typing ipconfig/all
before i connect the phone and start the flash process through houdini, it shows the computer's mac address, but once flashing begins, it switches over
houdini tech support didnt know what to do lol

Wtanis 05-30-2010 01:41 PM

no no no no.....i got mine flashed for around 120 with EVERYTHING. web mms talk text and wifi still works.

snakeb 05-31-2010 06:50 PM

hey can u help me with the verzion driod over to cricket can u tell me what i got to do thanks so much

whitey10tc 06-06-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeb (Post 1783969)
hey can u help me with the verzion driod over to cricket can u tell me what i got to do thanks so much

There are two basic ways to flash it. The longer way, more code/file pushing. or pay someone who has the paid solution "a basic 3 click operation" + the basic flash and nv files.
To do it your self take a look at howardforums in the cricket forum there is a long thread on it.

hookupwireless808 06-15-2010 03:08 AM

I recently successfully flash themotorola droid to mobi pcs with web but my problem is i cant receive text for some reason sending it is no problem, talk is no problem, and internet is super. just receiving text please let me know if there is such fix. hey mike that is the only problem that i been having just the receiving text

kamitsuna 06-16-2010 11:02 AM

I paid 60 dollars yesterday for a full flash of my girlfriend droid to cricket. So far, it works perfectly.

I dont believe what the flasher did was exactly legal....but what he did worked.

whitey10tc 06-17-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamitsuna (Post 1818388)
I paid 60 dollars yesterday for a full flash of my girlfriend droid to cricket. So far, it works perfectly.

I dont believe what the flasher did was exactly legal....but what he did worked.

Flashing is fully legal. Check with the FCC if your in doubt.

wandererxman 06-28-2010 11:55 AM

I moved my HTC Touch over to Metropcs which is bascially the same things as Cricket over a year ago and I have everything working on it, people just over complicate it. I brought my phone into a metro store and they charged me $40 to add it to the metro network[You have to do this with someone who can add you into the network so that they know it is a good phone and not stlen in anyway](I think it is $10 now, and I had to show the guy in the store how to flash it what a service) You have to unlock it first which involves getspc.exe which you put on your phone and it aks for the ESN off theback of your phone and spits out the code[Props to whoever cracked the code BTW] to access the engineering menus under ##778# and ##3424# to place it into device/programming mode fo r the Qualcomm program at least on my phone, it is different for every model of phone and you have to then load QPST[just search for qpst download and it comes up on yahoo] on your computer and change the code from whatever you got to 000000[which is basically the code for a fully unlocked phone]. You have to go to the configuration manager first and add the phone USB port, I had to uncheck the check box for it to show up, jut keep adding ports till it appears. Once it is unlocked it should flash, and sometimes it takes multiple tries[at least it did when I was showing the guy at the metro store how]. Then you can go on to configuring the internet and MMS which is a whole other thing and is specific in my case to Sprint so probably wont help, and I normally have to change some Registry settings that I never note what I changed.

imagecolour 07-18-2010 01:57 AM

Has anybody got a Motorola Droid working on Reliance India(CDMA) and will it work on Reliance India CDMA.If yes please help me

ryuaced 07-18-2010 03:10 AM

Flashing droid isn't all that difficult, I have flashed 2 phones pushing using the motorola droid ful solution. Biggest problem seems to come with pc compatibility. Although My problem delves deeper into an abyss, since I am trying to flash alltel and alltel seems to not have any defined internet settings for their droid phones. meh