PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I disable the car dock feature?

I got a new magnetic phone case the other day from best buy. How can I turn off the car dock feature so that my phone doesn't turn on everytime I put it up and get it out? It's not that big of a deal, but it gets on my nerves.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: How do I disable the car dock feature?

im not sure if this will work but its worth a try... download startup auditor (i think its .99) then disable car home from running on startup. if its not open it might not run when you put your phone in the case..
sorry if it doesnt work

Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

IwireRobert is a n00b

On the same line of questioning. I installed droidmod on my cusions phone and i put the app car dock v2 on there. he started to get a whole bunch of force closes everytime he put it in his car dock so he uninstalled the app and now he cant get the regualer dock to come back. Any clue on how to fix that? thanks in adavance.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
im not sure if this will work but its worth a try... download startup auditor (i think its .99) then disable car home from running on startup. if its not open it might not run when you put your phone in the case..
sorry if it doesnt work
I'm pretty sure this won't work because I can kill the app and it still opens when it crosses the magnet. Thanks for the advice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwireRobert View Post
On the same line of questioning. I installed droidmod on my cusions phone and i put the app car dock v2 on there. he started to get a whole bunch of force closes everytime he put it in his car dock so he uninstalled the app and now he cant get the regualer dock to come back. Any clue on how to fix that? thanks in adavance.
I'm sure someone has an apk for it. You should be able to reinstall it and overwrite the existing app and it should work.

I use the car dock app a lot and don't want to permanently disable it. I just want my phone to stay asleep when I put it in the case. There has to be a way to do it.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

UPDATE: I found an app for it. It's called "dock blocker"... go figure. lol
It works well. The backlight still comes on, but only for a few seconds. The magnet no longer launches the car dock or desk dock app. It costs $.99 though. Once installed, it changes your screen time out. You have to go into settings and reset your preferred time out. Good enough for me.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 04-10-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
UPDATE: I found an app for it. It's called "dock blocker"... go figure. lol
It works well. The backlight still comes on, but only for a few seconds. The magnet no longer launches the car dock or desk dock app. It costs $.99 though. Once installed, it changes your screen time out. You have to go into settings and reset your preferred time out. Good enough for me.
thats good, lol!

there is a feature in startup auditor that prevents an app form opening.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

The way I disabled it was by simply removing it from my phone since I never used it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid