PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: icon replacement

I wouldnt call it a "set up" yet, I spent most of the time just figuring out where to look for access to change the icons that werent in the main list. After I found them I changed a few more of the ones that had icons I didnt like mainly just to make sure they worked. The "Video" icon opens the Act1 Video Player, camera is camera obviously, PPCG is a quick shortcut to PPCGeeks which opens the browser and comes directly here, and Maps is just google maps. Someone with your skills could do a lot with being able to use pics as icons . There are even icon packs where all the icons for the apps are made to match each other creating a really cool visual theme. I imagine I'll have a complete theme put together by this evening with full integration of my apps organizer icons as well . Also, you can download the icon packs from the market before you get the bettercut app, and when you open the icon packs it just shows a gallery with all the icons in it. I went through several of them last night like that to decide which ones I wanted and it's a nice way to preview the icon pack to help make up your mind So far I've found that every icon pack on the market will work, but they dont all match each other, there are lots of different styles and sizes, so you'll have to d/l them to actually see the icons and then decide wether or not to keep them or uninstall that particular icon pack.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-18-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Another idea I had, since I'm using Home++ and pretty much just got it like I want it, is to use the stock Home to create a theme on. That way My Home++ can remain unchanged while I have "renovations" going on in the other one . I'm gonna wipe the slate clean on stock Home and see what I can put together.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
That guy with the axe

Here's a first run, didnt put much thought into it really, just threw some icons at it and one of the stock wallpapers. A screenshot would show how good the icons looked, but I used the stock home app so I didnt have a screenshot option available.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-18-2009 at 05:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

can you upload your own files for the Icons?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:16 PM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
can you upload your own files for the Icons?
Yeah, you can download any of the icon packs on the market or use photos on your phone, so if you just drag and drop a folder of icons to your phone it will use those as well.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

this is what i finally settled with doesn't really match anything of the "theme" but all the other icons just looked to "out of place" and the little creatures kind of look cool and funny just sitting there and only have them on my "main" screen
Old 12-19-2009, 03:06 AM
That guy with the axe

Internet and Inbox look like bullys.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:21 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

There's tons of bullys online haha so suits it
Old 12-19-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

I finally figured out how to get the icon replacement to work for me. The pack I downloaded the first time looked like it was made for a resolution phone so the icons looked terrible. Now my new icon pack looks great
Old 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM
That guy with the axe

Try a market search for "icon", you'll get lots of results. I found the easiest way to preview the icons is to simply "open" the icon pack, when you do that is just opens a photo gallery showing all the icons in the pack. You can then decide if you want ot keep or uninstall that particular icon pack

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid