PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
perfect movie ripping & playback

I love watching movies, TV shows etc. ripped from DVD on my X.

The main reason I bought the X was for the awesome 4.3" screen.

After a TON of experimenting, trying different settings/formats etc. I finally found the perfect combination & although it is nothing new or earthshaking I figured I might save another poster some time/agravation etc. like I went through by posting the settings I am using.

I use CucuSoft Ultimate Video Suite to rip from DVD. There are other programs that will work just as well, but I have been using this one since I had an xv6800 & I love it.

I start off ripping using the "Apple TV (640x480) MPEG-4 movie" preset, but under profile settings I make a few changes.

Here are my settings:

Video bitrate 892

Video size 720x432 (16:9)

Frame rate 29.97

I then playback the resulting MP4 file using Act 1 Video Player using these settings/preferences saved as the default.

Under preferences/Video Display I have all the boxes (IE: display clock etc.)unchecked except "hide notification bar". Under zoom, I have the "Full (stretch/warp to fit full screen) option picked (that is the 2nd option). That option resulted in a weird distorted picture on my older phones, but it looks perfect on the X as it only has to stretch it a tiny bit as it is almost full screen anyway.

Now, when I open Act 1 (RockPlayer will work also) It opens by default to a full screen display with nothing that needs to be hidden etc. & the picture is virtually perfect. The quality is stunning (the best I have ever seen on a phone/ipod etc.)

I have an ipod touch also & I never use it anymore as the X beats it in every way possible (the touch has a little better music GUI, but I don't really care about that).

The X really is my "do it all" device at this point, I just wish it had a little better camera but with that tiny little lens I guess you can only expect just so much........

~John
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started
Re: perfect movie ripping & playback

Thanks for the write up, I'm sure this will be a big help to a lot people esp by the number of people asking how to do this.

+1 regarding the large screen size. I was on the fence about this and the Fascinate which released the day I ordered my X. Once I was able to watch movies on the X there was no looking back.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Good info! Thanks

Old 09-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Back
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

thanks john, this will come in handy!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

THX bro. I will put this to good use

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X