PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Ask me your questions!

I got the X a day early for reviewing it on behalf of VZW. Feel free to send questions, comments, etc. and i may get them featured on the review, to be released later today
Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Ask me your questions!

i know this is something kinda hard to quantify, but comparing it to your evo, how is the overall speed. just moving around the os, home screens, opening apps, browser etc. better, worse, about the same?

Thanks in advance!

maybe a speedtest or 2 also if you're up for it too!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i know this is something kinda hard to quantify, but comparing it to your evo, how is the overall speed. just moving around the os, home screens, opening apps, browser etc. better, worse, about the same?

Thanks in advance!

maybe a speedtest or 2 also if you're up for it too!
the same

Speed test

Higher DL on X, Higher upload on EVO, same CDMA though.

Didn't test 4g
Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

risslerp is a n00b

How is viewing the screen in sunlight? I would like to be able to read ebooks and watch videos while relaxing outside, also while traveling being able to read a few books with out having to carry the real things.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risslerp View Post
How is viewing the screen in sunlight? I would like to be able to read ebooks and watch videos while relaxing outside, also while traveling being able to read a few books with out having to carry the real things.
just like any android device it needs a little effort.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Review is up! Video is tomorrow!

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/07/14/p...orola-droid-x/
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

How does it handle games in comparison to the evo? I saw a couple of videos on youtube showing how much better it is being that it has a dedicated gpu.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Does this thing have FM radio? What are your impressions?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X

ScottFeeback is a n00b

Im having problems with the weather widget. I downloaded and paid for the weather and toggle widget. Which im happy with the looks but i wanted to customize the skin and clock. I followed the widget skin wizard and dowloaded the skins and clocks i like but it wont let me apply them. What am i doing wrong?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
I got the X a day early for reviewing it on behalf of VZW. Feel free to send questions, comments, etc. and i may get them featured on the review, to be released later today
After having the phone for a while... what are your overall impressions? Also...

1) Is there any way I can see identical picture side-by-side comparisons of the X and the Droid-2, or since it won't officially be released for two weeks, I'll have to wait until August 12th?

2) I am REALLY intent on getting either the Droid X or the Droid 2 between now and the Droid 2 release date - upgrading from my worn Touch Pro 2; but I can't decide which way to go. If I can finally adapt to and embrace the virtual keyboard, would you say the Droid X is by far superior, or do you see some awesome advantages of waiting for the Droid 2?

3) If I buy the Droid 2, is there anyway to self install the Froyo version of Android (2.2), since for some reason it didn't come with it out of the box (because I heard Motorola's garbage UI is holding the phone back)

4) Is the phone rootable and/or unlockable (as in the Touch Pro 2, and installing Mighty ROM or Rom X etc?)

THANKS!!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X