PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid X Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot (THIS WILL NOT WORK ON LATER VERSION FROYO (USE Z4ROOT) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129883)

HTC Touch-Pro 08-09-2010 08:14 AM

Re: 1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 1904193)
yeah, Easy tether supports sharing with PS3 through a PC, and wifi tether doesn't support infrastructure on the X yet.

Are you thinking the X and Droid 2 will eventually be supported by WiFi Tether for Infrastructure Mode? I tried to find a way to contact the developers of the App, but didn't see any links to a place to leave comments.

wesscoggin 08-09-2010 10:43 AM

I have no idea. I hope so. The only internet I have is my phone so I have to do it the hard way (lan cable from my tethered PC to the PS3). Infrastructure mode would be so much easier.

HTC Touch-Pro 08-09-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 1904453)
I have no idea. I hope so. The only internet I have is my phone so I have to do it the hard way (lan cable from my tethered PC to the PS3). Infrastructure mode would be so much easier.

SO much easier! If this is already happening on other Android devices... it shouldn't take too much for it to happen on the Droid 2, should it?

dswartze 08-18-2010 10:45 AM

Will we be able to upgrade to 2.2 (Froyo) after rooting the DX?

And, is there a reverse process to be able to un-root the DX? and why would I need to?

bignadad 08-18-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dswartze (Post 1915929)
Will we be able to upgrade to 2.2 (Froyo) after rooting the DX?

And, is there a reverse process to be able to un-root the DX? and why would I need to?

No, rooting allows you to take superuser permissions over device...

yes you can also unroot with same GUI
i think when the OTA froyo comes out the device will have to root before upgrading

HTC Touch-Pro 08-19-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 1888787)
3g hotspot did come on the phone, but it also comes with a $20 fee on top of your $30 data plan,

Rooting allows fee-less wifi tethering, screen shot apps, and a whole host of root only programs that are availble for use only by rooted devices.

All we need now.............. is the Root for my Droid 2!!

dswartze 08-23-2010 03:24 PM

Since the Droid X Froyo / 2.2 update was leaked, is someone working on the Rooting process so that when the rest of us get 2.2 on our DXs we can immediately Root it?

And, I just got notification from VZW that me DX was shipped -- and it was shipped 7 days earlier than what I was expecting. Will have DX in hand tomorrow night!

HTC Touch-Pro 08-23-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dswartze (Post 1921136)
Since the Droid X Froyo / 2.2 update was leaked, is someone working on the Rooting process so that when the rest of us get 2.2 on our DXs we can immediately Root it?

And, I just got notification from VZW that me DX was shipped -- and it was shipped 7 days earlier than what I was expecting. Will have DX in hand tomorrow night!

Enjoy your X! If I could only figure out how to make my battery last longer and get text and Email notifications on my home screen, my Droid 2 would be everything I hoped it would be :(

Zaphod-Beeblebrox 08-23-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro (Post 1921163)
Enjoy your X! If I could only figure out how to make my battery last longer and get text and Email notifications on my home screen, my Droid 2 would be everything I hoped it would be :(

Go to Market and look for SMS Unread count.

Has widgets for unread SMS/GMAIL/MISSED Call.

No widgets anywhere for unread Exchange E-mail or G-Voice. Been looking for a while.

HTC Touch-Pro 08-23-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox (Post 1921242)
Go to Market and look for SMS Unread count.

Has widgets for unread SMS/GMAIL/MISSED Call.

No widgets anywhere for unread Exchange E-mail or G-Voice. Been looking for a while.

That is so odd that something as simplistic and vital to smart phones, Email, is not able to be updated on a home screen!?

Thanks for the SMS help though, those are more important anyway since they are sent by friends in 'real time' and are crucial to be responded to fast.