PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What to do, what to do...
Hold onto the Touch Pro2 for 11 more months. 4 11.76%
Go for the Droid 2. 13 38.24%
Hold out for an HTC Android QWERTY. 5 14.71%
Wait to see what 4th quarter has in store for the Droid lineup. 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I personally don't think the camera on the Droid X will be much better than the Droid 2. Honestly, higher megapixel count is worthless.
What about better overall video recording, since it is HD 720p rated?

Do we know yet whether or not the sensors, lenses, or software differ between the X and Droid 2 (as those factors could make a big difference)?

So you're saying to hold out for the Droid 2, if I'm really addicted to sliding QWERTY keyboards?
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I personally don't think the camera on the Droid X will be much better than the Droid 2. Honestly, higher megapixel count is worthless.
I agree 100% (& I have a DroidX)

~John
Old 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree 100% (& I have a DroidX)

~John
Well, the Droid 2's camera is... YIKES... NOT GOOD! I had to take the same picture four or FIVE times in doors will ALL the kitchen lights on, just to get a picture that didn't look like an earth quake was happening
Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi all,

I am a TP2 user (currently) and I have a D2 Global here that I am playing with (testing out for work). I am not impressed.

Moto's UI looks like crap to me (guess maybe because I am used to Sense?).
Yes the D2G is faster than my TP2. But other than that - I am not impressed at all.

I will be sticking with my TP2 until HTC releases a global android device it looks like...
Old 11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

As a former TP2 user myself, the keyboard is my only complaint about my Droid2. I don't mind the UI on the Droid2, since it's easy to get around. I would much rather have this, than still have my TP2 running a completely dead operating system with no apps to speak of whatsoever.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

let me clarify my comments...

if i was running the TP2 as it came out of the box, i would upgrade to the D2G today. BUT - have the TP2 OverClocked, and running CHT2.0 has made the phone completely different (way better).

I found the D2G to be OK - but not the phone I would want for the next year or 2. I would rather use my TP2 for another few months and wait for HTC to release a Global Android VzW device than "settle" for the D2G now.

I agree not having a useful market sucks with the TP2...but again it is not that I dont think the D2 is good - I just dont think it is good enough to use for the next couple of years (for me).

Awhile ago it seemed like engadget, etc... had leaks about an VzW HTC Global Android device all the time - now I havent heard/seen anything in weeks...
Anyone seen anything ???
Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
As a former TP2 user myself, the keyboard is my only complaint about my Droid2. I don't mind the UI on the Droid2, since it's easy to get around. I would much rather have this, than still have my TP2 running a completely dead operating system with no apps to speak of whatsoever.
What is is about the keyboard on the D2 that you don't like?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
What is is about the keyboard on the D2 that you don't like?
I honestly don't know that there is anything to like about the keyboard on the D2. It is on par with the keyboard from my old XV6800. Compared to the Touch Pro2 though, the keyboard on the D2 lacks: assisted slide, adequate tactile response, key spacing, key size, dedicated number row, etc.

That's what amazes me on the HTC Merge, why in the world would HTC backtrack from the Touch Pro2 keyboard in terms of the dedicated 5th row?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

I do agree on the lack of dedicated number keys. That can be annoying. The keyboard has a great feel though, and snaps firmly into place without the assistance of anything being spring loaded. Keep it simple!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
I do agree on the lack of dedicated number keys. That can be annoying. The keyboard has a great feel though, and snaps firmly into place without the assistance of anything being spring loaded. Keep it simple!
You definitely never typed on a Touch Pro2 then. Worlds apart. The Droid2 keyboard is definitely comparable to the Touch Pro keyboard though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2