PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67657)

SquireClive 06-08-2009 02:09 AM

Re: Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was trying to run from a network share. Copied it to desktop now I am off and running.
Clive

SquireClive 06-08-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_medina626 (Post 961306)
Are you trying to run it on the phone? You should be running on PC, and if it still doesn't work try CFC-GUI. It's another Manila Editor that you can use. Search here or over at XDA-Developers. Keep us updated on progress.

Well that was short lived.
Started Editor loaded a copy of the weather manila and All I get is a preview of a block of rubbish. I must be doing somthing wrong

a_medina626 06-08-2009 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SquireClive (Post 961467)
All I get is a preview of a block of rubbish

This happens on Manila Editor, it is the software because of the compression of the images. Use CFC-GUI, it doesn't do that. When I started editing Manila Editor was the first software I tried using and have changed from that since then. I have attached software that I pulled from XDA-Developers website.

a_medina626 06-08-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 961329)
so would this give us a clue how to remove tabs from tf3d?

Yes, remove this portion of the text from the 26948339_manila file and tab will be removed:

ex.. " <Page Order="8" Name="settings.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_SETTINGSTITLE]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="SettingsPageComponent" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_Preview" />"

Just remember that only the "physical/visual" tab will be removed. All files and images related to the file will still be on the phone. Do not forget to re-number the "Page Order" appropriately when you are done removing Tabs you want. I'm pretty sure there is a minimum number of Tabs that must be shown but I can't tell you what the number is exactly. I'm usually on the end of adding tabs myself.

psycho_maniac 06-15-2009 03:01 AM

so what if i did thi this way????????? ill get advanced config or diamond config and edit the tabs from there.....then looked for 26948339_manila and copied it to storage card...flashed to a new rom and put that file in my windows folder after the flash and soft reset......would that work?

a_medina626 06-15-2009 10:25 AM

To be honest with you, I don't know. I have a version of my 26948339_manila file that I modified on my Storage Card already and haven't used TF3D Configurator in a long time. Every time I switch ROMS I have a folder that I select everything I got and copy it over to the Windows folders all at once for a massive 1 time overwrite. If you want to test it then just copy a non-modified version of the 26948339_manila to the pc and re-name it. Then change your settings with TF3D Configurator or wichever software you use and soft-reset. Then Copy the "new" 26948339_manila to pc and check againts the older one to see if the order has changed. If so then you're good to go. My guess is that it might not work, but I could be wrong. Give it a try and post the results, sounds like something users would like to know. Including myself.

psycho_maniac 06-16-2009 12:23 AM

i will TRY to remember this next time i flash to another rom

eenieMINI 06-16-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 975673)
so what if i did thi this way????????? ill get advanced config or diamond config and edit the tabs from there.....then looked for 26948339_manila and copied it to storage card...flashed to a new rom and put that file in my windows folder after the flash and soft reset......would that work?

Yes, it should work so long as you stay with a compatible touchflo3d version.

psycho_maniac 06-19-2009 02:28 AM

so yeah i dont think ill be flashing for awhile. i usually only do updates....im not that addicted.... but if anybody has likea mightyrom4 rom and is going to flash could you get a hold of me to get me that manilla file i want and how i want it edited?

Espensodal 08-19-2009 09:09 AM

Thanks alot for this guide man!

Ive been trying both manila editor and cfc gui, bu i cant view any of the manila files, just the slider and all i get is the image.

Could someone please assist?