PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67657)

a_medina626 05-06-2009 10:12 AM

Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not an expert at this but I figured I would share what I have learned so far through all my searching here and XDA, not to mention a lot of trial & error from constant replacing tabs.

Here is a list of the manila files that are tied to the TF3D Tabs and Slider. Use Manila Editor to open and replace image/pic on the tabs. They use .png images and should be 64X64 for the ones in the tab (tray) and 128X128 for the ones on the screen (hero), but I have found out that you can use the 128X128 for both and it will work just fine. Make sure images have a clear background or you will see "it" (background) in the tab and it doesn't look that good. At least that's my opinion.

Home Tab:
4d06823d_manila & 776726f2_manila

Calendar Tab:
112dc2ce_manila & 1479c303_manila

Call History Tab:
4cd8f2e4_manila & 7b5fd72f_manila

Comm Manager Tab:
1e439536_manila & 42d367fd_manila

Internet Tab:
7fbd2c5d_manila & 03092c92_manila

Mailbox Tab: (Email)
6b46b991_manila & 59c727fc_manila

Music Tab:
0cfe494a_manila & 7b7eb7b5_manila

People Tab:
1d2cf08e_manila & 40b0d619_manila

Pictures and Videos Tab:
3c5a5c12_manila & 5fde419d_manila

Programs Tab:
40ebb8a7_manila & 48c215bc_manila

Settings Tab:
037c8fc5_manila & 06c88ffa_manila

Messages Tab: (SMS)
5780582c_manila & 5acc5861_manila

Stock Tab:
4bfbdbf8_manila & 174ba15d_manila

Weather Tab:
730f3c64_manila & 7a18fbb9_manila

Sound Profiles Tab:
6ce69b65_Manila & 1874ecda_manila

Slider:
1e29e8e7_manila

The manila file to edit order or add Tabs is:
26948339_manila

The manila file to edit the "Display Names" (for instance, if you want to see "Peeps" instead of "People" when hovering over the Tab with the slider) is:
090661f7_manila

When you are done editing there is no need for a Cab. Simply turn of TF3D and copy files to the "Windows" folder of your device, overwrite if prompted to, and turn on TF3D. No Restart is necessary.

*Edit* I've attached my compilation of Tabs in case anyone wants to try them or just not want to extract their own to change. Regardless of what you use them for, Good Luck!

**Edit**6-4-2009* I realized that I never attached screenshots for those who wondered what these looked like so I have added them. With the exception that I have since changed the home tab to a png of a Diamond and not the Windows Orb. I am not using all the tabs that I have changed the icons for but you should get the jist of what I am doing with these screenshots.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7597/screen1k.jpg http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9913/screen2imj.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9342/screen3c.jpg

AaronP220 05-06-2009 10:19 AM

Re: Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs

Thnx.:violent2:

Covington 06-02-2009 05:46 PM

Great guide. I had clear tabs from another cab file, but the slider was still opaque. Now have the slider set to clear and its fantastic. you've been gracia'd

seco10 06-04-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_medina626 (Post 898822)
I'm not an expert at this but I figured I would share what I have learned so far through all my searching here and XDA,...

Thanks for this guide and thanks for your great work - evryone can see, that through searching its able to become an expert =D> I use your tabs and they are looking great on my device. Are you agree to share it to our german htc-community? If you say yes I would translate your guide an upload your tabs.zip - is it ok?
Thanks again and more happy searching!
Ciao
SeCo

a_medina626 06-04-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seco10 (Post 954839)
Thanks for this guide and thanks for your great work - evryone can see, that through searching its able to become an expert =D> I use your tabs and they are looking great on my device. Are you agree to share it to our german htc-community? If you say yes I would translate your guide an upload your tabs.zip - is it ok?
Thanks again and more happy searching!
Ciao
SeCo

Of course it's O.K. to share them, that's why I posted them up here. I'm glad you like them. Check out my other post screenshots for the other stuff (ICONS) I am changing. I will post them up as soon as I am done with all the changes.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...04&postcount=1

seco10 06-05-2009 06:29 AM

Great! I think it would be a good idea to make a nice complete theme from all your stuff... good job! =D>
Ciao
SeCo

a_medina626 06-05-2009 11:51 AM

I've attached the current manila edits to my other thread if you are interested.

SquireClive 06-07-2009 11:33 PM

Hi Guys

I am new to editing the Manila files but thought I would have a go.

BUT I can't run the Manila editor V 0.2
Extracted "Manila Editor.exe" and the "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll"

Get an error when running the .exe

Ideas please.

Clive

a_medina626 06-08-2009 12:52 AM

Are you trying to run it on the phone? You should be running on PC, and if it still doesn't work try CFC-GUI. It's another Manila Editor that you can use. Search here or over at XDA-Developers. Keep us updated on progress.

psycho_maniac 06-08-2009 01:23 AM

so would this give us a clue how to remove tabs from tf3d?

SquireClive 06-08-2009 02:09 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was trying to run from a network share. Copied it to desktop now I am off and running.
Clive

SquireClive 06-08-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_medina626 (Post 961306)
Are you trying to run it on the phone? You should be running on PC, and if it still doesn't work try CFC-GUI. It's another Manila Editor that you can use. Search here or over at XDA-Developers. Keep us updated on progress.

Well that was short lived.
Started Editor loaded a copy of the weather manila and All I get is a preview of a block of rubbish. I must be doing somthing wrong

a_medina626 06-08-2009 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SquireClive (Post 961467)
All I get is a preview of a block of rubbish

This happens on Manila Editor, it is the software because of the compression of the images. Use CFC-GUI, it doesn't do that. When I started editing Manila Editor was the first software I tried using and have changed from that since then. I have attached software that I pulled from XDA-Developers website.

a_medina626 06-08-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 961329)
so would this give us a clue how to remove tabs from tf3d?

Yes, remove this portion of the text from the 26948339_manila file and tab will be removed:

ex.. " <Page Order="8" Name="settings.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_SETTINGSTITLE]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="SettingsPageComponent" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Settings_Preview" />"

Just remember that only the "physical/visual" tab will be removed. All files and images related to the file will still be on the phone. Do not forget to re-number the "Page Order" appropriately when you are done removing Tabs you want. I'm pretty sure there is a minimum number of Tabs that must be shown but I can't tell you what the number is exactly. I'm usually on the end of adding tabs myself.

psycho_maniac 06-15-2009 03:01 AM

so what if i did thi this way????????? ill get advanced config or diamond config and edit the tabs from there.....then looked for 26948339_manila and copied it to storage card...flashed to a new rom and put that file in my windows folder after the flash and soft reset......would that work?

a_medina626 06-15-2009 10:25 AM

To be honest with you, I don't know. I have a version of my 26948339_manila file that I modified on my Storage Card already and haven't used TF3D Configurator in a long time. Every time I switch ROMS I have a folder that I select everything I got and copy it over to the Windows folders all at once for a massive 1 time overwrite. If you want to test it then just copy a non-modified version of the 26948339_manila to the pc and re-name it. Then change your settings with TF3D Configurator or wichever software you use and soft-reset. Then Copy the "new" 26948339_manila to pc and check againts the older one to see if the order has changed. If so then you're good to go. My guess is that it might not work, but I could be wrong. Give it a try and post the results, sounds like something users would like to know. Including myself.

psycho_maniac 06-16-2009 12:23 AM

i will TRY to remember this next time i flash to another rom

eenieMINI 06-16-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 975673)
so what if i did thi this way????????? ill get advanced config or diamond config and edit the tabs from there.....then looked for 26948339_manila and copied it to storage card...flashed to a new rom and put that file in my windows folder after the flash and soft reset......would that work?

Yes, it should work so long as you stay with a compatible touchflo3d version.

psycho_maniac 06-19-2009 02:28 AM

so yeah i dont think ill be flashing for awhile. i usually only do updates....im not that addicted.... but if anybody has likea mightyrom4 rom and is going to flash could you get a hold of me to get me that manilla file i want and how i want it edited?

Espensodal 08-19-2009 09:09 AM

Thanks alot for this guide man!

Ive been trying both manila editor and cfc gui, bu i cant view any of the manila files, just the slider and all i get is the image.

Could someone please assist?

a_medina626 08-19-2009 11:09 AM

Send a screenshot of what you are looking at.

ebidr 08-19-2009 03:06 PM

where i must select the path?

a_medina626 08-19-2009 03:10 PM

Change path to folder containing manila files.

dkirkwoodjr 09-06-2009 01:51 PM

I'd like to share my experience with editing these tab icons... This thread was excellent to provide the majority of the files I needed and the manilla editor to get me started... But I did have to get around a few hoops to get it all to work for me.

My solution was concentrated on changing several of the icons to match my iphone-ish theme, that has mtp tab installed using iphonetoday plugin and pocketdigitical clock hosted by the ultimateconfig plugin inside the mtp tab.

So these files were good to get a start for me, and while my images are not the cleanest/smoothest right now, I edited several of the icons using the manilla editor (on vista, w/ run as admin option used.) However, I had to locate the manilla files for the today flag tab icon installed by the mtp add-on. I opened that install-cab with winrar on the desktop and saw 4 manilla filename references. I located those in my phone's windows folder, and copied them to the desktop folder to use with the manilla editor as well. Then I had the option to change the today flag also.

Now this was all nice and all but then I couldnt get these files to copy back over to phone's windows directory, due to a permissions issue. I tried a few approaches, and maybe there's another way... but... I used MaxTTM theme changer. I havent really been able to figure out that program for the most part, so far, but I recognized one ability it had which was just what I needed here. It has a utlity section that allows backup and restore of manilla files... I copied the new manilla files that I made with the manilla editor & photoshop to a different folder on my phone (\tabs in my case,) launched MaxTTM (on the phone,) and restored from that path. It raises the neccessary security context and performs the copy of the specific manilla files to the windows directory on my behalf and then issued a restart to get everything loaded.

One last thing was that while the transparent slider graphic looked nice to me while sliding, it didnt look nice to me when it landed on something, because the icon on the slider was offset from the one underneath, and both would be seen, one overlapping the other... So I changed my slider to a solid gradient between black and a lightgrey...

There ya go... I got my changes made, and am happy with it all now... Have fun!

sebo 09-13-2009 09:26 PM

anyone know the name of the calendar and missed call icon below the clock?

edit: i found missed call icon and calendar (below the clock):

1bbfdc9b_manila

dumaslr 09-17-2009 02:06 PM

so i have been trying for a couple of weeks now to simply change my icons and my slider using your guide... it has helped me greatly but for some reason i cant see my icons on my phone. i have been making sure that all my images are near identical to ones that are working, but when i use maxttm or even diamond tf3d, all i see is white blocks... i even used png files that were used in other themes, but those didn't work either... im confused and slightly frustrated cuz i dont understand why this wont work

popdog54 09-17-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumaslr (Post 1173564)
so i have been trying for a couple of weeks now to simply change my icons and my slider using your guide... it has helped me greatly but for some reason i cant see my icons on my phone. i have been making sure that all my images are near identical to ones that are working, but when i use maxttm or even diamond tf3d, all i see is white blocks... i even used png files that were used in other themes, but those didn't work either... im confused and slightly frustrated cuz i dont understand why this wont work

I had that problem when I didn't resize my pngs first. For the tabs they need to be 64x64, for the top previews 128x128.

seco10 09-18-2009 11:09 AM

Other than resizing a reason could be the compression. If your original manila files are cfc-compressed/decompressed then the edited files should also be cfc-compressed or decompressed in the same way.
A fine app to make this right is cfc_gui.exe bei Chainfire - just use google, may be there's also a link in this forum.
Ciao
SeCo

a_medina626 09-21-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumaslr (Post 1173564)

Did you use the files I provided or did you extract them from your rom yourself? What image editor are you using? Send me your files to see if they work on my phone, maybe it is just your rom. I have had this problem before but it has been such a long time ago I don't remember how I fixed it. Get me the files and I'll take a look at them.

D\/8 09-21-2009 06:51 PM

By chance does anyone know how to adjust the transparency of the heros... I created several which look great but the only thing is that they have a slight transparency to them which I would like to eliminate...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

a_medina626 09-22-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1183802)
By chance does anyone know how to adjust the transparency of the heros... I created several which look great but the only thing is that they have a slight transparency to them which I would like to eliminate...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Post pic to see what you are talking about.

D\/8 09-22-2009 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_medina626 (Post 1185987)
Post pic to see what you are talking about.

Pic attached... Thanks again!!!

dumaslr 09-23-2009 01:56 AM

ok... i got the files working... now i have white backgrounds on some and on others i don't... is there any way to get rid of this?

a_medina626 09-30-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumaslr (Post 1187099)
ok... i got the files working... now i have white backgrounds on some and on others i don't... is there any way to get rid of this?

It is your png's or images, use an image editor like Gimp (freeware) and change the white background to transparent.

Good luck.

a_medina626 09-30-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1186242)
Pic attached... Thanks again!!!

See post #34 above, your images have transparency. remove it with image editor.