PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TF3D HD port 2/18/09 update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836)

ShadowDrake 01-12-2009 04:34 PM

Re: New TF3D HD port.

To the guy a long ways up who asked about the animations on this version of Manila...

Chances are pretty slim that we will be seeing the animations again. HTC has decided that TF3D is better without the animations. It certainly is faster without them, and probably has to keep less cached.

Still, now I have a -really- tough choice. Old Manila with animations, or new one which is apparently blazing fast.

Yibrushn 01-12-2009 04:54 PM

So as of right now this is a no go on a stock rom, correct?

MadlyAlive 01-12-2009 05:03 PM

Has anyone else had issues uninstalling???

shaun0207 01-12-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 635160)
To the guy a long ways up who asked about the animations on this version of Manila...

Chances are pretty slim that we will be seeing the animations again. HTC has decided that TF3D is better without the animations. It certainly is faster without them, and probably has to keep less cached.

Still, now I have a -really- tough choice. Old Manila with animations, or new one which is apparently blazing fast.

thinking the samething

darren.wlsn1 01-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yibrushn (Post 635189)
So as of right now this is a no go on a stock rom, correct?

fatboy had it running on stock rom.

ruskiyab 01-12-2009 05:22 PM

It's not just the weather tab that's stretched, the contacts tab is as well. Also, the manila in Juicy's rom seemed almost just as fast as this one. I guess I'll just keep it around for a little while and see if it's worth it.

Edit: Does not work with manila control

SprintTouch08 01-12-2009 05:49 PM

its a really good job though by the xda guy. It definitely works well, but its currently missing landscape support which is a little bit of a bummer.

also as said the contacts and weather tabs are stretched a bit. Not too huge but it does look a little funny because it has to cram more info in the vertical space.

Right now sticking with Juggs manilla with slider landscape, but the development is looking promising on this considering how quick he cranked it out.

shaun0207 01-12-2009 05:59 PM

if I were all of you guys who are using the stock Sprint Rom like me, make a backup of you phone before installing this update. That way if it doesn't work you can easily restore you old configuration.

jmorton10 01-12-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 635378)
if I were all of you guys who are using the stock Sprint Rom like me, make a backup of you phone before installing this update

That doesn't just apply to guys with the stock ROM, an update like this can mess up any phone (I don't care what ROM you're running). There are an awful lot of files that have to be overwritten in a Manila update & the potential for failure is always there........

~John

shaun0207 01-12-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 635403)
That doesn't just apply to guys with the stock ROM, an update like this can mess up any phone (I don't care what ROM you're running). There are an awful lot of files that have to be overwritten in a Manila update & the potential for failure is always there........

~John

Very true. I was reading a thread over at XDA where some add 16tabs to TF3D. I tried installing his cab, totally screwed my phone. It took a hour to restore my phone correctly. I had to restore the same back up 3x to fix it.