PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Globe

mangatron is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android on LG Fathom - 3G/Wifi/Bluetooth

Well, since our old thread was locked, and since I'm continuing the development, the new thread is here. Many thanks to ajeet17181 for giving me the final piece of the puzzle to resume the work.

I am continuing ajeet17181's work on bringing a working Android build to our Windows Mobile phone, the LG Fathom. As of this moment I am only working on the Kernel, where most of the fixes need to be worked on, so let's get to it, shall we?

Download any of the following Android versions:
Code:
Gingerbread 2.3.7 (includes Kernel build #119)
DOWNLOAD "einsteinecker_android.rar" (thanks to pizzaboy192 for hosting)
(In order to enable 3G you must follow instructions below!)

What works:
-3G data
-Wifi
-Limited Bluetooth functionality
-Video playback
-3D gaming
-Accelerometer
-Outgoing calls

What doesn't work:
-Camera
-Incoming calls
-SMS
-Vibrator
-Light sensor
-USB
-SD card has a low chance of being mounted.
-
Code:
Latest Cyanogenmod Nov 26, 2012
Cyanogenmod with working audio fix, updated link August 28 2013:
Part 1
Part 2
(split into 2 parts because my internet kept cutting it off)
MIRROR: http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/Fat...oid_cyan_01.7z (thanks to pizzaboy192)

Read this post for more info.

Dead link (Thanks to www2287.)
-

IMPORTANT: Preparing your phone to enable 3G internet on Android (Gingerbread 2.3.7 ONLY)
Now that you have the ROM, you will need to edit your phone to enable 3G internet. Download this: LG Drivers and LGNPST.rar (link thanks to da_reeseboy here.)

Please read the .txt inside the LGNPST archive on how to install. I can't help in that regard as I too funked my install until I undid everything and followed the txt file

After you set that up, download this: https://rapidshare.com/files/606560282/Clipboard01.zip, Or the the texty no frills way:

In windows mobile, change Fathom's USB mode to VZaccess manager mode. Open LGNPST and connect your Fathom. Go to "phone setting" and change default phone mode to GSM, and change the APN setting to the one your carrier uses.

I must warn that Android will attempt to connect on first boot, so be sure you have either an unlimited data plan or make sure you won't be charged if you use prepaid.
-
Code:
LATEST KERNEL: (December 25 2012)
Rerun kernel build #120
Previous Kernel:
Rerun kernel build #119 (This kernel is a restart of my previous work. I
basically started over from scratch and compiled it well over 100 times
to find an acceptable solution to the battery issue.) 

Kernel source:
https://github.com/ajeet17181/fathom-kernel Note: this source is broken, and
since I have heavily modified it, wait for me to upload full source someday.
How to use above Android builds
-Now, to use it with one of the above Android versions, first extract the android version into your MicroSD card, and then copy the 3 files inside the kernel archive into the Android folder, overwriting any older files.

-Next, open startup.txt and make sure the line "rel_path=fathom" has the name of the Android folder in your microSD card, if the folder is "2.2", change "fathom" to 2.2.

-Same as usual, run clrcad.exe about 5 times, then click on "haret" .exe file. The kernel will take a while to boot, so let it sit.

-
Unsupported Android builds
Cyanogen Mod
Download here (link thanks to Giorgi-geo)
-
Cyanogen March 2012 build
Download here. from www2287. This build is not a final build, that means many things are broken in it.
-
Android 2.2 Froyo
Download here (NOTE: Due to Froyo not working in some areas, I will not provide support for it)
Current developments: Next phase of development will focus on the phone side (calls, sms, data). Because I am in a GSM country, I will be focusing on that.

Note: I am quite a busy person, and I won't be updating everyday, at the moment I have a grave matter to handle, and it is my 1TB hard drive. It has corrupt sectors, and it needs to be replaced. It holds crucial XDA data on it, so it is important to me. At the moment I can't afford a new one, so any donations is greatly appreciated in helping me remedy that problem. You can read more about my Hard Drive here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar build120.rar (1.47 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar einsteinecker_ReRun_kernel.rar (1.63 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
My personal blog

Last edited by mangatron; 10-14-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Updated cyanogenmod nov 26 with working audio, mirror
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mangatron is a n00b
Latest changes

Extreme Battery 002
Fixes:
-Wifi for Froyo, Bluetooth for Gingerbread
-Accelerometer works for Gingerbread only
-Headphones now work without fail
-Need more feedback regarding resetting while phone is on or off

Extreme Battery 001
Features:
-More CPU governors
-Overclock enabled (use at your own risk!)
-Extreme battery saving (need confirmation, my battery only dropped 2% overnight!)

Working:
-Main speaker
-Phone earpiece
-d-pad now aligned properly
-No more torn screen on the left side!
-Real power-down! Power button is the task manager button beside the camera button. Press this to turn your phone on or off.

Not working:
-Same as before, no outgoing SMS
-Camera not working
-Never tried GPS...

Last edited by mangatron; 10-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mangatron is a n00b
Re: Android on LG Fathom continued development

Reserved
Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows mobile
Carrier: personal

fernand_11 is a n00b

Hello friends, I would first like to thank him for taking Mangatron this post as helpful for people who bought the LG Pathom. I wanted to check because my phone gets the black screen with HTC. I tell you what I did 1-Download this Android 2.2 Froyo on the link, I removed the file and the folder is 2.2, which I copy and paste on my micro sd. 2 - Under breaststroke extremebat001 kernel, extract the folder, open it, copy the three files and stuck them on the micro sd, replacing the old files (although there is still the old haret, but do not use that). 3 - Done all this I unplug the phone, open the files on the SD card, I click on the file CLRCAD (4 or 5 times), and then open the haret-pre-0.5.3-20100629_092009-QSD8250-ONLY, the small black screen with white letters and then goes to the HTC screen with the letters and then nothing .... Please help me to see what I'm doing wrong and correct it. Of course, thank you very much and a big hug from Argentina, goodbye!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernand_11 View Post
Hello friends, I would first like to thank him for taking Mangatron this post as helpful for people who bought the LG Pathom. I wanted to check because my phone gets the black screen with HTC. I tell you what I did 1-Download this Android 2.2 Froyo on the link, I removed the file and the folder is 2.2, which I copy and paste on my micro sd. 2 - Under breaststroke extremebat001 kernel, extract the folder, open it, copy the three files and stuck them on the micro sd, replacing the old files (although there is still the old haret, but do not use that). 3 - Done all this I unplug the phone, open the files on the SD card, I click on the file CLRCAD (4 or 5 times), and then open the haret-pre-0.5.3-20100629_092009-QSD8250-ONLY, the small black screen with white letters and then goes to the HTC screen with the letters and then nothing .... Please help me to see what I'm doing wrong and correct it. Of course, thank you very much and a big hug from Argentina, goodbye!
Dear fernand,

1. Reset your phone with reset pin near USB socket, or put out battery when phone is on and try again.
After two or three failure attempt it may boot into android.

But it has not working data, incoming call, out going sms.
workings are wifi, partially bluetooth.
I am using it to enjoy android games, and movie player with (videoplayer_pro__1_7_7_neon_direct_crk.apk)
This is just for fun.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mangatron is a n00b

Hi everyone, sorry I forgot to update this thread on the latest info for running Android on the LG Fathom. As you can see in the first post I have done many changes since, and one build supports 3G internet, the other is the more latest Cyanogenmod. I hope everyone enjoys these updates, and I am still working on improving Android on the Fathom
Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Google Display Network
Carrier: lennondevid

lennondevid is a n00b
Re: Android on LG Fathom - 3G/Wifi/Bluetooth

This is really nice LG Fathom comes with Android and also provide the 3G,WiFi and Bluetooth. I appreciate the features of LG Fathom that come back with Android in mobile market. So many peoples happy to know about it,The good improvement done by LG in this smartphone.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

MisterL21 is a n00b

is this project still goin or has it died?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mangatron is a n00b

Hi, this project temporarily died, but I am still very much working on it, so it's not dead anymore. Unfortunately, I have not even had a chance to update this thread, as my internet has just been horrible, and at the moment I have something very important to write/type, so I will get back to Android as soon as I am done with that.

The updates are here if you want to read more on my progress, and there is my blog
Old 08-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mangatron is a n00b

Hi everyone, I updated the first post with cyanogenmod Nov 26 with working audio. This is the best rom for playing games and watching video. Supports low bitrate 720p!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Tags
android