PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
[How-To] Untethered iPad Jailbreak (3.2.1)

So today was the day, the iPad untethered jailbreak was released! w00t w00t. I am here to tell you how to jailbreak your iPad. Note we won't be responsible if something were to go wrong. I highly suggest you use my how-to on backing up your SHSH blobs, which can be found here before proceeding with this tutorial. Now on to the tutorial.
~mike

update:
For ALL iPad firmware versions, open your browser (after backing up all your data and saving your SHSH blobs per WideAwake's tutorial) and make sure you have a good WiFi connection.

go to: http://jailbreakme.com. Follow the on-screen instructions and you are good to go!

Yes, this works on 3.2.1 as well

The following is an alternate way to jailbreak the iPad on OS 3.2:

Prerequisites for iPad OS 3.2

1. Download the Spirit Jailbreak. Windows Version or Mac Version

2. Install the itunes, if you haven't already installed. (I used the latest 9.1.1)

The Jailbreak

1. Run the appropriate version of the jailbreak from above downloads.

2. Plug-in the iPad and click Jailbreak as seen in screenshot.

Notes
Quote:
What's Spirit?

* Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
* Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
* If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

Requirements

* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.

Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia's appearance is not final.)
Donate to Comex the maker of the Spirit Jailbreak

Last edited by orangekid; 08-02-2010 at 09:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPad
Carrier: T-Mobile

andychoiboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [How-To] Untethered iPad Jailbreak

I attempted this Spirit Jailbreak on my iPad (3.2) w/ iTunes (9.1.1.12) and was unable to get anywhere. Spirit cannot apparently see the the iPad and continues to ask me to "connect device". I have tried using compatibility mode to Windows XP/ME with no avail. iTunes has no issues detecting and syncing to the iPad but for some reason Spirit can't find it...

Any advice would be lovingly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

It specifically says that if you trouble run compatibility mode for Win. 98 also, if your running Vista or windows 7 you have to right click the file and run it as administrator. REMEMBER...back up the device first, and back up your shsh file using auto shsh.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

First post updated with new jailbreak for 3.2.1
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

When I tried the OTA Jailbreakme, it just reset without updating. I read there's issue still with 3.2.1

BrennB
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
When I tried the OTA Jailbreakme, it just reset without updating. I read there's issue still with 3.2.1
I think it was updated today by Comex.

Try again, if not hopefully he fixes it asap
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It was a 3G problem but its fixed. I haven't JBd yet but friends have it running.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM

sweet!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Development

Tags
ipad jailbreak, jailbreak