PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Apps/Games

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
iMAME and Plenty of MAME ROMs

If you have ever used MAME, than you are going to be excited. If you haven't, you will be after I explain why you should be.

iMAME was released to the App Store just two days ago and already it has stirred up the IOS world. First off, iMAME is free and is written in Universal Binary, which means that it will work on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Here is the App Store description:

iMAME is an application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten.

You can search for it in the App Store or follow this link.

After you get iMAME installed on your iDevice, you are going to want to get some of the vintage games that many of us grew up on. I'm talking Galaga, Galaxian, Frogger, Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Asteroids, Missile Command, Centipede, Millipede, Contra and the list goes on. There are literally thousands of MAME ROMs and they are all free. One great place to get them is here (register to download them for free).

Then, to easily copy them to your iDevice, you will need a program like iExplorer. You can get it free here, for either the Mac or PC. Simply download the MAME ROMs that you want and, using iExplorer, copy them to your iDevice in the /Apps/iMame/Documents folder from your Mac/PC.

I have tried iMAME and many of the older MAME ROMs on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 and they are working great. So give it a try and, if you feel like it, list your favorite games here.

Last edited by rainfreak; 01-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > iPad Series > iPad Apps/Games