PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

b1ggest is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.0.0 Released 03-Dec-2010

I dont what the hot fix did, but after install sense would fail to launch
Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

ok, just tracked down all the cab files i mentioned earlier. just flashed my device, will give my review in a bit...
Old 12-05-2010, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

it runs very smooth, very fast. nice layout, but would kill for a windows softkey, i hate using hardkeys at all. here is some bugs/snags ive found on my device, some might have already been mentioned, and im not delving to far into the device, its pretty late and im tired.

-action softkey does not work, shows error (the file "htcactionscreen" cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file)
-done (x) softkey does not appear (pretty annoying, to not be able to close aps without hitting end hard key and shutting screen off then tunring it back on, then having to close running aps in task manager)
-hotfix cab will not install
-if i take the time off the taskbar, i only get about 2 and a half icons and a black space on the upper right corner where the other icons should be
-some of the programs in the windows program list do not apear in the quick link program set list
-some cabs to not work (tcpmp for instance)
-instead of saying "no messages" it displays "ids_nomessages"
-no facebook sense tab?
-market place froze up upon exiting
-froze up a few times, and would not allow connection to activesynce

overall, i really liked it, and would probly be able to live without having some of the apps i like that didnt work on this rom, but the no windows or done (x) soktkey's were a deal breaker for me. i will continue to watch for further builds, i think i might try this rom again in the future if those things were worked out. great job...

Last edited by sonami; 12-05-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
I'm sorry buddy, but I am working on a way to fix it. Hopefully I will have something for you to try soon.
Quote:

Thanks bro, but I don't want to cook in too much bloat, especially things that the user can install by cab. However, a lot of that is already included:
palringo - Not going to include, but can be installed by cab
bsb tweaks - I don't think this is necessary for this ROM, but can be installed by cab for those that want it
bsb ram sweeper - Not going to include, but can be installed by cab
wifi monster - Not going to include, but can be installed by cab
wifi router - Already included
xda_uc/export settings - Will be in the next release
remote desktop - Still deciding on this, if there is enough demand, I will include it
internet sharing - Already included
tcpmp - Still deciding on this, if there is enough demand, I will include it
windows media - Already included
in call recordin - Already included

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
OK screw it. $1.99 with free shippinh on ebay for new unused verizon sim card.... imma spring for it. Just to give this rom a try
Old 12-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

b1ggest is a n00b

if you go to teya settings and where it says display "X" soft key when I turned it off the soft "X" now shows
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

I shouldn't have tried loading the ROM late at night --- I would have known to try turning off the "X" key setting! Has anyone figured out how to get the plus code dialing to work for phone calls and text messages? All my contacts are plus coded with the country code so the phone can be used globally. Thanks!

Last edited by bawaji; 12-05-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc xv6800
Carrier: verizon

cardidarko9 is a n00b

very nice rom i only one prob for me i can't get my email to connect i got it set up but just won't conect to get new mail or to send mail
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
it runs very smooth, very fast. nice layout, but would kill for a windows softkey, i hate using hardkeys at all. here is some bugs/snags ive found on my device, some might have already been mentioned, and im not delving to far into the device, its pretty late and im tired.

1. action softkey does not work, shows error (the file "htcactionscreen" cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file)
2. done (x) softkey does not appear (pretty annoying, to not be able to close aps without hitting end hard key and shutting screen off then tunring it back on, then having to close running aps in task manager)
3. hotfix cab will not install
4. if i take the time off the taskbar, i only get about 2 and a half icons and a black space on the upper right corner where the other icons should be
5. some of the programs in the windows program list do not apear in the quick link program set list
6. some cabs to not work (tcpmp for instance)
7. instead of saying "no messages" it displays "ids_nomessages"
8. no facebook sense tab?
9. market place froze up upon exiting
10.froze up a few times, and would not allow connection to activesynce

overall, i really liked it, and would probly be able to live without having some of the apps i like that didnt work on this rom, but the no windows or done (x) soktkey's were a deal breaker for me. i will continue to watch for further builds, i think i might try this rom again in the future if those things were worked out. great job...
Thank you for trying out the ROM and posting feedback. I will try to cover most of the issues you are having:

1. Action is not included,did you install it via cab?
2. This can be changed, Start Menu\Project Teya. In there you can customize the ROM to your needs.
3. Not sure why the hot fix wouldn't install. Try it right after a soft reset
4. Good find, that will be fixed in the next release
5. Can you be more specific than "the cabs don't work"?
6. Are you talking about quick links? Again, please give a little more info
7. This is fixed by Hot Fix 1
8. No, it is a resource hog since it was designed to run on HD2
9. Haven't had this happen, can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?
10. Can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?

Again, if you want the softkeys enabled, open Project: Teya and click on softbar customization. Toggle the switch and soft reset. (Please note, toggle switch on equals soft key is off. This is fixed in the next release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
OK screw it. $1.99 with free shippinh on ebay for new unused verizon sim card.... imma spring for it. Just to give this rom a try
That's excellent, I hope you enjoy the ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
I shouldn't have tried loading the ROM late at night --- I would have known to try turning off the "X" key setting! Has anyone figured out how to get the plus code dialing to work for phone calls and text messages? All my contacts are plus coded with the country code so the phone can be used globally. Thanks!
No dice yet, I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. No guarantees that it will be fixed by next release, but I can guarantee that I am working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardidarko9 View Post
very nice rom i only one prob for me i can't get my email to connect i got it set up but just won't conect to get new mail or to send mail
Please give a little more info. I have not seen this personally nor have the beta testers. The more information you can give, the better.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 12-05-2010 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio HTC
Carrier: verizon

sailorcanfly is a n00b

I like a small rom. thanks a lot for your effort on the imagio rom. I just flashed it and will tell what happened. but I love the interface very much. thanks again
Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thank you for trying out the ROM and posting feedback. I will try to cover most of the issues you are having:

1. Action is not included,did you install it via cab?
2. This can be changed, Start Menu\Project Teya. In there you can customize the ROM to your needs.
3. Not sure why the hot fix wouldn't install. Try it right after a soft reset
4. Good find, that will be fixed in the next release
5. Can you be more specific than "the cabs don't work"?
6. Are you talking about quick links? Again, please give a little more info
7. This is fixed by Hot Fix 1
8. No, it is a resource hog since it was designed to run on HD2
9. Haven't had this happen, can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?
10. Can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?

Again, if you want the softkeys enabled, open Project: Teya and click on softbar customization. Toggle the switch and soft reset. (Please note, toggle switch on equals soft key is off. This is fixed in the next release)
1. well that makes sense then, didnt realize the action tab wasnt active.
2. was way to late last night and i was wikked tired, i didnt think to try and turn it off to make it show up. can you enable the start softkey to? i dont remember seeing that.
3. i tried installing it a few times, once automated with sashimi, then again manually, then once more after a soft reset, it just kept saying it was unable to install cab.
5&6. i installed the tcpmp and at first it didnt show up in the quick links program folder, so i couldnt assign it to a quick link, but it was in the settings program folder. i re-installed it and then it worked. i know there was at least 1 other program that didnt show up in the quick links program list, but for the life of me i cant remember it right now, like i said it was pretty late and i was really tired. after installing it and adding it to a quick link i tried to open it and it gave me an error, i dont remember exactly what it said, but it didint work.
7. i figured it was, just couldnt get the darned thing to install.
8. thats cool, not a biggy. i dont use it on the energy rom either because i cant get it to authenticate without freezing the phone.
9&10. it happened at least twice and i think it was the reason i couldnt connect via activesync it just hung on the screen that said "exiting market place" which ive never seen pop up before. then once that went a way after a moment or two, the phone wouldnt react to anything. had to soft reset through button on back panel.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development