PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   [ROM] Project: Teya 2.0.3 [23-Jan-2012] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137641)

jmart518 01-21-2011 01:06 PM

Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.4.0 [19-Jan-2011]

Looks like I am going to have to tear apart everything related to BT and see what I can find. I tried to leave anything related to BT stock. I will buy a bluetooth headset today, that way I can see what you guys are seeing.

As far as not being able to answer a call; this happened in some of the beta tests, but was very, very rare. Of all the beta tests (Teya 1.0.0-1.4.0), I believe it only happened a couple times and usually it was only the first incoming call post flash.

Also, had you installed anything post flash? This will help me isolate both problems better.

BRosenow 01-21-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2041402)
Also, had you installed anything post flash? This will help me isolate both problems better.

The first time I had loaded it up with all sorts of s/w, so I wiped it and tried it without loading anything. I did not re-flash it because frankly answering calls is the one thing on this device that I can't do without - it's a business phone.

bobfoertsch 01-21-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2041402)

I installed several apps (VVM, Voice Command, IMDB, Netflix Mgr) and maybe several more. I can supply a complete list if needed. I noticed I had the issue of not being able to answer on the handset right after I flashed but I rebooted and tried it again and it seemed to work fine. As I said, it seems to be ok when answering on the headset, but I tested it several times without the headset today and could not answer on the handset.

gokudre 01-21-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRosenow (Post 2041327)
Really LOVE the ROM Jmart - excellent work. I am having two issues right now that are driving me crazy.

1. I cannot answer a phone call the majority of the time. I have a BT headset that pairs and connects properly. When a call comes in I press the headset button and nothing happens. I can slide the on-screen button to answer and nothing happens. I can press the answer button on the phone and, you guessed it, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is this only while connected to BT or just regularly? If its regularly do you have the "auto data off" enabled? if so disable it. It might work. Ive had problems with auto data killing my ability to answer the phone big time.

bawaji 01-21-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518
IThe way I was testing it:
+1 xxx xxx xxxx and press send, it will dial out normally
+xxxxxxx (just an arbitrary number) and press send. It adds the country code and big red yells at me and says I can't make international calls.

Hopefully this is of some help, again, I really wish I understood more about plus code dialling. I can create an option to toggle plus code dialing on and off in Project: Teya [Customizations] if necessary.

jmart, Thanks for offering to include the plus code dialing on/off toggle. That would be great if you could do it. Could you let me know what are the exact changes that will be made (to registry?) when plus coded dialing is turned on and off?

It looks like no one else is saving plus coded numbers in their contact list. :( I will try the ROM out again this weekend and hope it works out great!

If you would like to know how plus coded dialing works, please respond and I will write it up the way I understand it. It shouldn't take too long.

Survivalism 01-22-2011 12:33 AM

Lol i still cant use swype.. no clue why i am the only person have problems with it.. fresh install of 1.4 with nothing else at all and swype freezes my phone when i open up messages.. going to have to re-flash again.

Ok.. re-flashed and tried swype after having opened up and typed with the stock keyboard.. no freezing but couldnt get it to auto space, did a restart of the phone and now its locking up again when i open swype in the WM messenger.

Honestly i can hardly use this phone with out swype and i LOVE this rom, especially with the new built in OC program.. let me know what i can do to get this resolved... just gotta hold on till feb 10th.

bobfoertsch 01-22-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokudre (Post 2041743)
Is this only while connected to BT or just regularly? If its regularly do you have the "auto data off" enabled? if so disable it. It might work. Ive had problems with auto data killing my ability to answer the phone big time.

Where is that setting? I know I saw it before but I can't find it now.

bobfoertsch 01-22-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfoertsch (Post 2042066)
Where is that setting? I know I saw it before but I can't find it now.

Is it the "disconnect idle data" setting? I turned that off and it seems to be working now. I will test it out today.

gokudre 01-22-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfoertsch (Post 2042104)
Is it the "disconnect idle data" setting? I turned that off and it seems to be working now. I will test it out today.

Its under the "project teya customizations" screen in the start menu. same screen as when you first flash the phone

sonami 01-22-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Survivalism (Post 2041910)
Lol i still cant use swype.. no clue why i am the only person have problems with it.. fresh install of 1.4 with nothing else at all and swype freezes my phone when i open up messages.. going to have to re-flash again.

Ok.. re-flashed and tried swype after having opened up and typed with the stock keyboard.. no freezing but couldnt get it to auto space, did a restart of the phone and now its locking up again when i open swype in the WM messenger.

Honestly i can hardly use this phone with out swype and i LOVE this rom, especially with the new built in OC program.. let me know what i can do to get this resolved... just gotta hold on till feb 10th.

wm messaging is glitchy, try using htc messaging...