PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.3.0 [23-Dec-2010]

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Thanks. Does it require unlocking through Verizon, or is stock configuration adequate? I installed this ROM & when I tried to text message, I got an error message that said my SIM was not valid.
I use a default vodafone verizon sim card.. works fine.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
This was happening to me using HTC messaging too. i uninstalled swype... ended the issue. I think swype was messing with it. I installed a cab of swype then uninstalled. THat uninstalled the rom swype too.
hmm, i dont use swype to much, i used to use it all the time, but not so much anymore. so are you not getting this glitch with wm or htc messaging anymore at all? i dont see the option to uninstall swype in settings/system or in sktools (which is just the same list as system list). do you get the blank text messages when you get a voicemail now that you uninstalled swype? just wondering if its the swype app thats cooked into the rom thats causing these problems with text messaging...
Old 12-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
hmm, i dont use swype to much, i used to use it all the time, but not so much anymore. so are you not getting this glitch with wm or htc messaging anymore at all? i dont see the option to uninstall swype in settings/system or in sktools (which is just the same list as system list). do you get the blank text messages when you get a voicemail now that you uninstalled swype? just wondering if its the swype app thats cooked into the rom thats causing these problems with text messaging...
It didnt happen in the beginning. it popped up over time. So since i newly flashed 1.3 i have not had the problem. You cant uninstall swype from the rom like that. You have to install another copy of swype and then uninstall that one. it will uninstall both. I believe this was with HTC messaging but i cant remember. install the attached swype cab to device.. then uninstall. then soft reset. tell me if it keeps happening
Attached Files
File Type: cab Swype-LordYuz-3.9.10.10.5032.cab (7.76 MB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:58 AM
N00b

sceadwe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
It didnt happen in the beginning. it popped up over time. So since i newly flashed 1.3 i have not had the problem. You cant uninstall swype from the rom like that. You have to install another copy of swype and then uninstall that one. it will uninstall both. I believe this was with HTC messaging but i cant remember. install the attached swype cab to device.. then uninstall. then soft reset. tell me if it keeps happening
yeah i tried that but it didnt fix the blank text from the voicemail system. seeing if it fixes the mms issue with wm messaging :/

and its not fixed. dunno whats up :/

Last edited by sceadwe; 12-25-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: new info
Old 12-25-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

a few other problems ive found in htc messaging. in all messages under the menu the last two 2 options which are sms groups and search are not marked properly, only 4 boxes show were the text should be. that and either the battery use has been extremely extended or the meter is stuck on 100 for longer than it should be, ill recycle power and see where it lands. mine has been at 100% all morning, very unusual...
Old 12-25-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

oh, after i recycled power it went to 96. still, maybe this system has much better power saving capabilities? usually id be around 80 something % by now either way im not complaining about that, lol...
Old 12-25-2010, 05:55 PM
N00b

sceadwe is a n00b

Quote:
oh, after i recycled power it went to 96. still, maybe this system has much better power saving capabilities? usually id be around 80 something % by now either way im not complaining about that, lol...
I had this same issue at one point with a couple roms sonami. After some fiddling it became apparent that the battery meter had stopped working once my overclocking became unstable. I was at 768 mhz when it started acting up, I then lowered it to stock 528 mhz and the issue went away. With one rom I was unable to go any higher than stock without it presenting this issue but I think that is mostly the fault of the build that was used in the rom and on almost every other rom I can easily OC to 710 mhz without problems.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceadwe View Post
I had this same issue at one point with a couple roms sonami. After some fiddling it became apparent that the battery meter had stopped working once my overclocking became unstable. I was at 768 mhz when it started acting up, I then lowered it to stock 528 mhz and the issue went away. With one rom I was unable to go any higher than stock without it presenting this issue but I think that is mostly the fault of the build that was used in the rom and on almost every other rom I can easily OC to 710 mhz without problems.
yea, seems to be working fine now, weird. im clocked @710 also, but ive never had any problems besides an ocasions call SOD before i installed the no sod cab. ill keep an eye on it...
Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

when trying to send a pic after taking the pic from the camera app it hangs on the choose mms or email screen, but will work if you send from the album app in sense. also i noticed this is the only way i could get an mms to send succesfully, if i tried to attach a pic in htc messaging i would get a failure to send mms message
Old 12-26-2010, 12:49 AM
N00b

sceadwe is a n00b

Quote:
when trying to send a pic after taking the pic from the camera app it hangs on the choose mms or email screen, but will work if you send from the album app in sense. also i noticed this is the only way i could get an mms to send succesfully, if i tried to attach a pic in htc messaging i would get a failure to send mms message
I was able to reproduce the first bug you mentioned sonami but not the second one. For the second one I just went into a convo I already had going typed something then clicked the paperclip/attachment popout button and added a photo I had taken to the message and it sent fine. Did I do something different than you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development