PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121040)

spetrillo 05-18-2010 09:31 AM

Re: Steve's Imagio Manila ROM v1.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisonpulaski (Post 1757442)
Steve -I am using your rom. I really enjoy it. It is very stable. I here so much about 6.5.x versions crashing and freezing that I was really leary of giving it a try. But I haven't had any of those issues with this Rom. So thanks a bunch.

Thanks for the reply to my email (about setting up data). I got it. Perhaps you could update your first post with a couple of things (if you want to - it is your thread).

1. The data set up - it can be ignored. There might be some "type A" people like me that are wondering if they will not be able to connect without filling in the blanks.

2. I was also surprised when that there was no Office Suite. I don't really use it that much but for whatever reason I like to have it (like I said - type A personality). You may want to give people a heads up. Fortunately I found a .cab for the 2007 Office and was able to update to 2010 via the marketplace.

Also - I use Modem Link (in the Windows directory) to connect my phone as a modem (with VZ Access Manager). That does not seem to function with your rom. I will give it a few more tries - but I was wondering if there was anything you knew about that (if you have any idea what I am talking about).

thanks again.

I will check into the Modem Link issue.

spetrillo 05-18-2010 09:51 AM

I have added a 21903 ROM on the first post for those who want to use WinMo 6.5.

thepolishguy 05-18-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 1759433)
I will check into the Modem Link issue.

Thanks Steve. Modem Link is the only issue I am having with the Rom. Perhaps there are some drivers missing? I have no idea really.

I had to do a hard reset yesterday. Not because of your rom -I think I installed something I shouldn't have. I reinstalled your rom though bc I like the fact that it does not come with a bunch of stuff already on it. I don't like to have apps cooked into a rom that are always getting updates (Bing for example).

6.5.x is a lot easier to work with (is this build 6.5.3 or 6.5.5?). Great job.

spetrillo 05-18-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisonpulaski (Post 1759574)
Thanks Steve. Modem Link is the only issue I am having with the Rom. Perhaps there are some drivers missing? I have no idea really.

I had to do a hard reset yesterday. Not because of your rom -I think I installed something I shouldn't have. I reinstalled your rom though bc I like the fact that it does not come with a bunch of stuff already on it. I don't like to have apps cooked into a rom that are always getting updates (Bing for example).

6.5.x is a lot easier to work with (is this build 6.5.3 or 6.5.5?). Great job.

Ok when you connect your Imagio to your PC via usb cable do you get a dialog that has 3 options? Normally you pick the top one, which is Activesync. Do you see a third option called Internet Sharing? If so select this and it should install some software on your PC, but then should activate the modem link and you should be connected to the modem on your Imagio.

jbh00jh 05-18-2010 02:53 PM

21903 when you try to install you get an error message.
Error
Install
\Windows\Enable_Manila_2.CA
failed,code=0x80004005

can not get it off the screen.

dedi2034 05-18-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1760167)
21903 when you try to install you get an error message.
Error
Install
\Windows\Enable_Manila_2.CA
failed,code=0x80004005

can not get it off the screen.

I'm having the same problem Steve. I tried to run the rom update utility again, and the same error message. Jbh00jh, you can run another rom until he gets the problem fixed. Active sync will find it, and allow you to put another rom on it.

spetrillo 05-18-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedi2034 (Post 1760425)
I'm having the same problem Steve. I tried to run the rom update utility again, and the same error message. Jbh00jh, you can run another rom until he gets the problem fixed. Active sync will find it, and allow you to put another rom on it.

Updated one will be available shortly.

jbh00jh 05-18-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedi2034 (Post 1760425)

Thanks , but I've already done that . Been flashin a l o n g time. haha
Will check back later. Thanks again.

thepolishguy 05-18-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 1759721)
Ok when you connect your Imagio to your PC via usb cable do you get a dialog that has 3 options? Normally you pick the top one, which is Activesync. Do you see a third option called Internet Sharing? If so select this and it should install some software on your PC, but then should activate the modem link and you should be connected to the modem on your Imagio.

Ok - so yes - I do get the 3 options. I can connect to the internet with the internet sharing option.

But we may not be on the same page. If you never use Modem Link then it may be hard to explain (or maybe you understand and I just don't). In the Windows directory there is Modem Link.lnk. If you hit that it brings up a program that is entirely different then the program you get with USB to PC.

I pay Verizon $30 a month for 5G of data for phone as modem. I do that bc I am afraid they will see my data usage with the CM Wifi and bust me. So Verizon offers a program for my desktop called VZ Access Manager. I run Modem Link. Plug in via USB. Run VZ Access and then connect to the web. Well, now I only get an error.

"Connection failed - there was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device) error 692."

So Internet Sharing option works. Modem Link does not (and yes I plugged in the USB hit the 3rd option etc.) I know Modem Link works on at least one custom rom (MyCleanImagio).

Any ways - if you can think of something - great. If not - say la vi (or however you spell it).

Oh yeah - is there way to place the CHTLockScreen on one of my quicklinks? I tried DeviceLock.exe but that was the stock one. I know you can hit Menu\Lockscreen, but it takes like 10 minutes for the menu to scroll up.

thanks.

dedi2034 05-18-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1760514)
Thanks , but I've already done that . Been flashin a l o n g time. haha
Will check back later. Thanks again.

Sorry, i guess i shoulda looked at your reputation first..lol