PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Any change of cooking in Opera 9.7 build 35758 in the next rom? it's faster and preserves the favorites to bookmarks in Opera
Old 05-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874 May/3rd [Build 1.9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanablikhm View Post
Yes, I just want a link to "setting" for the today screen, but if it's too much trouble don't worry about it. It just saves a few clicks.

Also, I didn't want to install the themes to device memory if I didn't have to. I will try that. Thanx.
Yes we can make a link to the Today control panel... now I know what you want, lol, and I guess people could make good use of it... give me a few hours, I'll post a cab to create it....thank you...
The cabs I posted do need to be installed on the device memory... what they will do... is to replace the files used with the current VZW.tsk already installed, as I posted before, they will do a little more than a regular tsk would do... by that I mean... the Theme cab at Cab Repository will change the colors/jpg's of the rom, the phone canvas, the lockscreen, and graphics for notifications/selection bars... (the VZW.tsk does makes references to files inside \Windows... so they will just not work installed at the Storage Card... thats why you did not see any difference after installing it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanablikhm View Post
I installed the taskbar color option 2 to the device memory and still no change except in the taskbar icons. You said earlier that you were going to post some screen shots sometime soon so I will just wait to see what yours look like.
That means it worked the way it supposed to... the Taskbar cab's at the Cab Repository will replace/change the current taskbar icons only, they are not a theme...so you can play/match/whatever with your own themes or maybe the ones I offered.... makes sense?

Donations

Last edited by adortab; 05-08-2010 at 08:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Any change of cooking in Opera 9.7 build 35758 in the next rom? it's faster and preserves the favorites to bookmarks in Opera
For sure we can try... since the first time you requested it, I tried a couple EXT packages to replace 9.5, however, since I use the stock rom as a base... 9.5 goes "deep" on how it was customized/setup/xml's in many parts of the rom (OperatorPKG, OperatorLang,OEMDrivers, EXT Packages, Manila Settings, etc, etc, etc...)... it would take me a while to "remove" 9.5 and try to add 9.7 the same way, on my tests, it did not work very well, works at first, but a lot of instability after... (Opera 10 or Mini 5 is easy cause they do not interfere with 9.5)....
Anyway, do you have a cab for the build you mentioned? If yes, can you post it? (I guess you already tested that version right?) I'm willing to try it... at least to create/mod a cab to make it more compatible with the rom...
Old 05-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Hey how do i change the color of the taskbar though to a color i have. im using a cab called dusk colored taskbar. I install it then go to today settings. i then have a list of colors. Its always worked in other roms. I tried it now and even though it says its installed i still have the grey taskbars. Do i need to use one of the ones you have provided? and if so can you create a gold one? im using jaquarlani's gold theme and need the taskbars to match
Im really not sure why it is not working... the CB uses the VZW.tsk, and its not easy to tweak it... try this... activate any theme other then VZW...Classic Blue for example, softreset...then try to apply your mod... that should make it easier... (should! lol) if not post back, we go from there... (I guess it is working, but you may not see it with Sense.. only at the start menu... the VZW taskbar background is a jpeg... so there is no way to apply colors or layer of colors to a black picture...again.. I guess! lol...

About the gold one.. yes, that should be fun... please post the cabs you use... I can try to "port" to MyCleanImagio....

Last edited by adortab; 05-08-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I hate Opera 9.5. Can you help me edit my Registry to change the default browser? I am using Opera Mini 5.
You can try this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382043
Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I don't. I asked Drellisdee which build he uses in his ROM and it turns out that it's 35758. Very smooth but obviously I don't know all it entails. But he only has it in the OEM version, not cab.

You do tons of work. Don't worry about it. I appreciate all you do.

Brian
Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Just as information about the themes at the Cab Repository:

The "MyCleanImagio - Theme xxxxxxxxx" cabs available at the cab repository will replace the current VZW.tsk files and after installing the cab, all settings should be applied already (as long as VZW is activated as your current theme, if it is not... you do need to activate it to see it), the goal is to really replace the one that comes with the rom already, providing a different "look/feel".... the cab will mod Phone Canvas, Lockscreen, VZW.tsk references/jpg's, Sense wallpaper, Today wallpaper, and Color settings, notifications/selectors jpg's. It will not change your taskbar icons! (There are a couple different taskbar cabs at the cab repository as well, they will replace your taskbar icons only)
If you decide to try them:

1-) Make sure VZW is your current theme activated.
2-) Make sure to install it to device memory.

Mini F.A.Q. (lol)
Downside?
They do take storage space...+-6.5MB. (If you try another MyCleanImagio Theme posted, it will just replace the first one installed... no/minimal extra space or storage after the 1st install)

Do you have to try it?
Of course not...only if you want to. (I like to change mine from time to time... now for example, I'm using the Dawn Theme plus the Glossy Black Taskbar)

Will it "goof up" or "slow down" the rom? (Valid for the MyCleanImagio themes and taskbars!)
Not at all, they use the same dll's as the original, and all jpg/png/bmp are at the same resolution as original, plus they can be uninstalled.

Can use my other TSK/Themes with the ones installed?
Yes, just make sure, before installing the MyCleanImagio themes, VZW is your current selected theme. Please understand that as more "sophisticated" your prefered theme, lower the chances that it would work 100% and higher the chances of breaking your rom... (GTX or Full Dusk for example... those mods pretty much will change everything on the phone)... based on that I cannot guarante that your own mods will work on MyCleanImagio... you don't need to mention that it would work with other roms... MyCleanImagio and other roms are different anyway based on the various versions of the packages available.

Can I try on another rom other than MyCleanImagio?
Yes you can, however it may "goof up" and "screw up" your phone...MyCleanImagio themes and taskbars will mod/replace several system files (phone canvas for example), and do need the VZW.tsk already installed and activated.

Why it is not just a regular tsk instead of a cab?
I know it would make it a lot easier, but at the moment I was not able to make a regular tsk replace the system files I would like to (phone canvas, lockscreen, etc)... needs to be a signed cab to do that... (testing a few other possibilites... if you know how to do it... post it)

Last edited by adortab; 05-08-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
I don't. I asked Drellisdee which build he uses in his ROM and it turns out that it's 35758. Very smooth but obviously I don't know all it entails. But he only has it in the OEM version, not cab.

You do tons of work. Don't worry about it. I appreciate all you do.

Brian
Thank you... I'll keep it open... it's on my "wishlist"...lol (I have that OEM too...)

Last edited by adortab; 05-08-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

wanablikhm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post

That means it worked the way it supposed to... the Taskbar cab's at the Cab Repository will replace/change the current taskbar icons only, they are not a theme...so you can play/match/whatever with your own themes or maybe the ones I offered.... makes sense?
OK. Got it. Makes sense now. I thought because it was called "taskbar color..." it changed the color of the bar. Thanx
Old 05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
Thank you... I'll keep it open... it's on my "wishlist"...lol (I have that OEM too...)
Other versions of 9.7 run just okay. If I get an email or minimize the app, I sometimes get a "fuzzy" garbled web page on the Imagio. The only way to get it back is close 9.7 and reopen which is a hassle since I get a lot of email and text throughout the day. It seems the OEM does not have that issue. I'll keep trying different 9.7 builds to see if I have that problem but so far it happens with 2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development