PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Viventis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJonesUSC View Post
Also, the MMS works fine out of the box.
Are you saying that you did not have to manually install the HTC messaging cab? I did for all of the ones I have tried, and I have tried most of them. Which ROM version did you install?

Regarding messaging: I still can't send a message when I select the text option out of the contacts list. I can compose the text but there is not a "send" option available. Too bad because my favorite way to send a text was to use the voice system to say "call Sally Schmedlapp" and the option to text appears on the screen. Same deal. No send option this way.

Here is something to try when composing a new text. When I start typing the name in the "To:" box, the list of names does not pop up until I backspace one character! The choices then pop up to select.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RJonesUSC is just getting started
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
Are you saying that you did not have to manually install the HTC messaging cab? I did for all of the ones I have tried, and I have tried most of them. Which ROM version did you install?

Regarding messaging: I still can't send a message when I select the text option out of the contacts list. I can compose the text but there is not a "send" option available. Too bad because my favorite way to send a text was to use the voice system to say "call Sally Schmedlapp" and the option to text appears on the screen. Same deal. No send option this way.

Here is something to try when composing a new text. When I start typing the name in the "To:" box, the list of names does not pop up until I backspace one character! The choices then pop up to select.
I didn't install anything after flashing to the new ROM. I'm on the 30th Cookie ROM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Alltel

o2l8 is a n00b

when I try to forward a mms I can't select a group the way I could in the original rom, is this a2.5 issue or a 21895 issue? in the original a list could be set up as a contact.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post
Not sure if this is a problem with this particular ROM or on the imagio in general but I've got an MP4 video that I just encoded from a DVD that plays fine on my PC but on the phone the audio track doesn't play - no audio at all. The video looks great. Anyone able to play MP4 video's on their phone?

All about the Codecs. When encoding your video as MP4, try selecting AAC as the audio portion of the encoding. You obviously got the video part right. Other than some very slight out-of-syncness, its worked for me on the Imagio on the HTC Player, Windows Media Player, and TCPMP (volume is set to 0 by default in some roms, so if using TCPMP make sure you check that).

Here are the settings in MediaCoder I used to convert video:

Video: Format - XviD
Mode - Average Bitrate
Source - MEncoder
Encoder - Auto Select

Audio Encoder - FAAC
Format - LC-AAC
Source - Auto Select
Resample - Original
Audio ID - 1

Container - MP4

I also have a preset available if you use MediaCoder and want it....
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
jeff327

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMarduk View Post
You need to configure the user name and password for the #777 data connection (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Manage existing connections) ...yes data will work in some applications without it, but VVM will require it to be set manually. How to do this has been described many times in all the Imagio threads, but here are the specifics again:

User Name: [Your 10 digit mobile number]@vzw3g.com
Password: vzw
It may have been described many times, but that does not mean it fixes the problem. Made the changes the exact way you and others described and it still does not work.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Carrier: Beeline

Syber1a is becoming a great contributor

I flash Energy.IMAGIO.23554.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab.M ar.30 then can't config SPB Keyboard.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
It may have been described many times, but that does not mean it fixes the problem. Made the changes the exact way you and others described and it still does not work.
You probably need to hard reset. Sometimes bad keys can remain from previous installs and can cause you to experience random issues like this.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RJonesUSC is just getting started

Feedback for Energy.IMAGIO.23554.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab.M ar.31

- Data connection worked right away. No need to manually start the connection.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
has anyone found a way to flash these using a virtual machine. Im running mac osx on my imac with the parrells program running windows 7. Active sync works but will not work with flash programs...
Buy an iphone or a PC.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

az_broker is a n00b

I also use a mac with VMware and could not get the program to run correctly. I use the storage card flash method. I cant remember if I had to use a windows machine to unlock the HSPL. Once thats been done though, all you need to do is unpack the file downloaded and copy the whitimg.nbh to your storage card via your mac, then reinstall the card to you imagio and hold the volume down key, power button, and press the soft reset and it'll search for the file and then just follow on screen directions. Be sure to backup all your data before this is done as it will erase everything but your storage card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development