PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 PM
cameramom248

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Where do I start?

I bought my Touch in July 08. The only customizing I really did at that time was upgrading the ROM to the newest (at the time) Sprint ROM. I also added spbmobile (version 2).

I lost the phone for a few months (my toddler somehow managed to wedge it in the couch to where I couldn't find it) but I now have it back and it's like having a new phone!

I'd like to do something different but I'm not sure where to start. I'm reasonably adept at most technical things (ie, if I break it I can usually fix it) I'm just not sure what my options are and where to start.

Thanks all for any help/suggestions!

Heather
Old 11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Where do I start?

Well, I think I can help you get started! There are so many things you can do to customize your device. I suggest you start by installing and trying different apps to try to familarize yourself with what is out there. Here is a link to a thread here that has some great stuff in it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65874

I suggest you read through the stickied threads in this Forum to introduce yourself to some beginner custom mods and then work your way into the Vogue Upgrades Forum where you can learn about advanced mods like unlocking and flashing custom roms or maybe building your own rom. There really is a wealth of information here. Don't be afraid to ask specific questions about your device in this forum. There are a lot of helpful members here that will gladly help. Good Luck !!!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I added SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.1 and it really makes using the phone a pleasure.

Check out some of the videos on YouTube.

Installed Icontact burt edition. Works great.

Pandora (internet radio), Google Maps, YouTube Mobile, and more but SPB Mobile Shell is my favorite program that really changes the look and feel of the phone.

Just installed Opera Mobile 10. Pretty cool.

Not mods but makes the phone more fun.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:27 AM
cameramom248

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow while the baby is napping
Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Might the 'Camera Mom' be taking pictures of baby and such? If so, and if you don't yet have one in your Vogue, then I'd recommend you get yourself a big capacity memory card. The 16 gigabyte microSDHC has come down to about $40 and has stayed at that price for months now. Maybe you can get along with just 8 GB, about $13, at Amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/yegycs4

A slick app for viewing pics might be another thing you'd get good use out of as well as helping you show off your pics without the need for carrying anything more than the Vogue you carry anyhow. The pic apps that come stock with Vogue work, but are sort of a pain in that their functions are limited and sometimes jerky. But there's a smooth as silk pic app that works really nice, and it's free, here:

http://pocketcm.com/imageviewer.php

Have fun, MrG
Old 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Good suggestion Mr.G !!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue