PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 02:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Vogue
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

idagon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot get unlocker to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Also, what happens when you soft reset? Does it boot up? What does it say? Can you hard reset?
when I soft reset it boots normally

hard reset works but doesnt help either
Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

idagon is a n00b

its the 3.37.78 when booting
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Oh!!! OK!!Well, you aren't unlocked at all ! OK!I thought you had already unocked with the .41 unlocker. Ok, so first are you using a pc with xp or vista ?If xp you have to have activesync installed and functioning. If vista,win7 you will be using Windows Mobile Device Center sync. Can you not sync? Is that the problem? You definitely want to use the 2.31 unlocker. You should be able to follow the steps in the verizon vogue upgrading thread I posted earlier. You probably don't need to upgrade your radio because you already have a gps radio.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

I also am thinking that you are confusing unlocking your rom and radio with unlocking gps. Before you do anything you probably need to go back to stock so hard reset and let customizations run and boot up normally . Get Activesync to work. Then follow that guide I gave the link to Upgrading Verizon Radio and Rom . Again, you already have a gps radio so you are good there and definitely use the 2.31 unlocker.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

idagon is a n00b

I already knew i needed to unlock my rom and radio, I also thought I had to unlock my gps since it was verizon.

Anyway, I tried to unlock it with 2.31 and even the dreaded 0.40 and it wont unlock.

It isnt that difficult, as I already unlocked my titan and it was a piece of cake. This should be no different.

Activesync works fine, it just wont unlock. Either by the exe or by installing and renaming on the sd card. This is any version.

I have a dual boot xp 32bit and a 64 bit win7 system. I also have xpmode in win7.

I dont know whats going on, again my titan unlocks and has had the roms upgraded/changed many times. And im using the same steps with the vogue software of course.

I am out of ideas.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Hmm...well it should def work with xp. Maybe Win7 is the problem. All I can say is, an awful lot of people have used those unlockers with great success. The 2.31 should definitely work after you have hard reset your Vogue and if Activsync is working. You can't unlock with those unlockers via storage card. You can flash a rom via storage card after you unlock . You have to have some kind of hardware failure or you are missing a step somewhere along the line. I'm gonna give you a link to codybear's FAQ on xda about unlocking and flashing the Vogue. There is tons of great info in that faq. I wish you luck !! Here ya go:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508544
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried unlocking in both xp and win7 ? maybe that could be an issue a dual boot system? also what happens when you put the phone into bootloader and plug in the usb cable?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

idagon is a n00b

YES! I got it to work!

I did it on my laptop with windows 7 32bit. no problem at all. What a relief.(not sure why xp didnt work)

I flashed the 2.31, then the 3.42 sprint, then the nsfans 6.5 rom.

However the gps does not work. It says gps is searchng with numbers like (132429955) but says cannot connect gps.

I did the registry edit at the end of the instructions too.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Congratulations!!For gps take a look at this link :http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=991526 The thread was started when users started having trouble with the standard gps fixes that have been used. Good Luck!!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

idagon is a n00b

thanks for the help horndoctor!

and everyone else too.

I really appreciate it.