PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: Fed up with my Sprint Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strommsarnac View Post
What's solid white mean. I've had my phone since March 2007 and it's always been solid white.

Personally, I think those stickers are crap. I've had multiple phones where the sticker showed "water damage" and the phone never got near water. Didn't even get stuck in a steamy bathroom or such. I don't carry my phone in a pocket so no "sweat" excuse there and they've never been rained on. Yet, I've had three phones over the past 20 years where those stickers show water damage.
Indeed.. all smart and courteous employees should know of this and should check the interior of the phone and not just rely on some stickers.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Sounds like your battery life is normal for the stock battery. 12 hours or 1 day with a charge is about all you can expect. I got a Seidio2000 battery and love it. It really is what this phone should have from the get go. I think the stock battery was used because of it's thickness.Have you done a hard reset? I would bet that would take care of your problems. After the hard reset I recommend you get Phm regeditor and remove the biotouch entries in the registry to remove the cube. It will free up at least 5 megs of ram which will help things. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Sounds like your battery life is normal for the stock battery. 12 hours or 1 day with a charge is about all you can expect. I got a Seidio2000 battery and love it. It really is what this phone should have from the get go. I think the stock battery was used because of it's thickness.Have you done a hard reset? I would bet that would take care of your problems. After the hard reset I recommend you get Phm regeditor and remove the biotouch entries in the registry to remove the cube. It will free up at least 5 megs of ram which will help things. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
I have done two hard resets, the last about 6 months ago. As for Phm regeditor, you went way over my head. As for the battery life, I remember it lasting longer. At least through the day and into the night. Now I am lucky to have 20% by the time I get home from work. My contract is up in February and I plan to switch to Verizon because 90 percent of the people I call have it. I just hope the Pro2 is cheap by then, or the Iphone will be "in"by then.

Last edited by ObsoleteE; 08-30-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

The battery dead in the am is a problem with some touches. I think its gremlins. I charge via usb during the day cause randomly the overnite plug into the wall charge will gremlinize and wipe out all charge by the am.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Battery problems like described in this thread (and a few other threads) lead me to believe some of us are having USB connection troubles. Have you looked closely at the tiny gold ribbon prongs inside your phone's USB socket? Use a strong magnifying lens and good bright lighting. There are 6 strips at the angle side, 5 on the other. Most likely, they have some pocket lint particles on them. They really need to be clean in order to make the kind of contact needed for proper charging. Use a small brush such as the kind typically supplied with an electric razor to clean both the socket and plug. Also, whatever pocket you carry your Vogue in, keep it fuzz free. Empty that pocket, pull the liner inside out, and get rid of all loose lint. (Maybe lint fuzzies are caused by Gremlins?)
Old 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
I have done two hard resets, the last about 6 months ago. As for Phm regeditor, you went way over my head. As for the battery life, I remember it lasting longer. At least through the day and into the night. Now I am lucky to have 20% by the time I get home from work. My contract is up in February and I plan to switch to Verizon because 90 percent of the people I call have it. I just hope the Pro2 is cheap by then, or the Iphone will be "in"by then.
Oh man, I recommend you stay with Sprint. Just my opinion from the experiences I have heard from users on this site. Like the previous posters said, I would check the USB input and make sure there isn't excessive fuzz or dirt in there. Also look at the contacts in there and make sure they are not bent or missing. That input is probably the weak link on this device. You have to be gentle with it. I really recommend either the 1500mah or the 2000mah battery for this device. The best you can get out of the stock battery is a day and that is with lite use meaning not much web surfing. The regeditor thing I mentioned is an app that allows you to edit the phones registry to help with performance and battery life. There are several edits that will free up memory and turn power saving features on to help. If you are dead set that you hate the Vogue well then maybe you should get another device but all devices have their quirks. The Iphone for example gets much worse battery life than your Vogue and you cannot replace the stock battery that it has with an extended version. Just some things to consider. Good Luck to you!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: CricKet

edru is just getting started

Same **** with the water marker for me!

I took the cover off and hands were sweaty, grabbed it by the base and thumb rubbed it and smeared it.

Luckily I never had to take it to sprint.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

Anomoly is a n00b

Mrgoodtunes is right on... i'm on my 3rd Touch... after about 6 months the mini usb becomes loose, causing the connection for charging to be very 'shakey' ... i have to wiggle and jiggle it and then very softly set it back down at the correct angle to make sure it stays charging...

I have awoke many a morning to an all night plugged in Touch/vogue only to have it dead or almost dead... one of the problems of having everything plug into it.

As others have said 12 hours to a day is all you get with this phone, if you turn things off (bluetooth, use GPS sparingly) change some settings (turn the screen brightness down, and the auto screen off down to it's lowest setting you) might squeeze out a bit more.

Overall there are a lot of things i like about the phone... and many more that i don't, i'm waiting for next month and seeing what new phones come out and what i can get on my Sero plan.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: T-Mobile

Touch-ee is a n00b

Do you have wifi on? I noticed my phone will drain in a matter of hours if I forget to turn Wifi off. With it off I get the 12/24 like everyone else says is normal. At least i got 2 bats with my phone so I try to keep the spare charged as a backup.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Just to clarify, Touchee you must have an Elf gsm version cause the Vogue cdma version does not have wi-fi.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
htc, issues, touch, vogue