PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Gambit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to reset the GPS?

After searching and reading some of the other problems people are having with GPS I shouldn't complain but...

My GPS works fine for the most part, consistent locks in about 10 seconds. However, if I am using a GPS app like Google Maps, and I lose the GPS signal it will not re-lock at all unless I soft-reset the device.

I'm not 100% sure if the event that triggers this behavior is either going indoors while the GPS is active (physical signal loss), or if it is that the phone times out and powers off while the GPS is active.

Whatever causes it, the GPS will not work at all if I go back outside and power on the device. Once it is gone, it is gone for good. Restarting the App does not help. Starting another GPS-enabled app does not help. Only a soft-reset seems to get the GPS working again.

Is there a way to reset the GPS receiver other than a soft-reset of the entire device?

(Sprint/Touch/WM6.1 Factory ROM 3.03.651.4/Radio 3.42.30/PRI 2.04_003)
Old 07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Any way to reset the GPS?

I have had the same issue before. I suggest you download and use htcaddicts cleanRAM.
When I have this problem I usually exit the app and run cleanRAM even just with a level 1 clean and then open the app again and gps locks back on within a few seconds. Seems to work every time.
Hope this helps ya.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint)
Threadstarter

Gambit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any way to reset the GPS?

Thanks. I've installed cleanRAM and will try this the next time I encounter the problem.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue