PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
winmo 6.5

so when this sucker hits next month will we "the owners of the vogue" be able to upgrade to it? or will we have to wait for custom roms to hit? id like an untouched, clean version myself.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: winmo 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
so when this sucker hits next month will we "the owners of the vogue" be able to upgrade to it? or will we have to wait for custom roms to hit? id like an untouched, clean version myself.

WinMO 6.5 is not for the HTC Vogue plus I really doubt the carriers and the like will be bothered with an upgrade for a phone that is no longer in production

WinMO 6.5 is currently available for the HTC Vogue through custom ROMs
and it will be available again after its official release, but not until a current production phone is released with it or a Diamond2/TP2 is upgraded via a carrier/HTC ROM upgrade where it can then be ripped from the phone - ported to the current kitchens used by Chefs

So dont drool on the calendar for the 11th yet, prolly be a week or two at most before something with the final release is cooked up form the files of WinMO 6.5 final

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
WinMO 6.5 is not for the HTC Vogue plus I really doubt the carriers and the like will be bothered with an upgrade for a phone that is no longer in production

WinMO 6.5 is currently available for the HTC Vogue through custom ROMs
and it will be available again after its official release, but not until a current production phone is released with it or a Diamond2/TP2 is upgraded via a carrier/HTC ROM upgrade where it can then be ripped from the phone - ported to the current kitchens used by Chefs

So dont drool on the calendar for the 11th yet, prolly be a week or two at most before something with the final release is cooked up form the files of WinMO 6.5 final

Detroit Doug

well i don't mind waiting for a custom rom but i hope they offer a "clean" version! besides i still love the vogue, i had the diamond before and i got rid of it becuase of crappy battery life and such.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
well i don't mind waiting for a custom rom but i hope they offer a "clean" version! besides i still love the vogue, i had the diamond before and i got rid of it becuase of crappy battery life and such.
LOL I understand completely

want a clean version, cook one up is the best advice I can give or start making requests to VIN, WDM, Shadow, Con or whomever to see if they will make one (WDM usually always has a bare-bone and full available with his ROMs)
As for the "upgrade" most of the current Vogue ROMs are heading to 6.5 anyway not to mention the face the sys/xip files are right up with the diamon, tp, and newer phones as well as most the UI and apps are rips from them and other newer phones as well .. so the Vogue users will get it, just going to be later than most compatable phones still in production as well as phones yet to be released that WinMO 6.5 was designed in mind for anyway

Detroit Doug
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment from Vouge

Mr_wrong_0 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_wrong_0

I don't suppose that anybody could point me to a 6.5 rom for the Vouge?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_wrong_0 View Post
Here are two of them. I havent personally used them. When i had my vogue i used NFSFAN's wm6.5 rom. It was pretty stable, but had some bugs like all 6.5 roms do.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62108

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65277
Old 04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Look through the titles of the threads, anything with WM6.5 ROM is going to be a ROM with WinMO6.5

Or are you looking for a specific recommendation to a easy to use, stable, quick WinMO 6.5 ROM

Detroit Doug
Old 04-18-2009, 02:32 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
there are plenty of them but they are all beta. id wait until the official release next month, then im sure more stable roms will come out.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

yeah,I went to sprint store to check out whats all the buzz about diamond and TP lol pff
diamond-no sd card daahhh
TP looks good,but I dont think that keyboard sliding mechanizm is durable...
naahh,I like my vogue more
if they could make a VGA Vogue...

Last edited by vin255764; 04-19-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
yeah,I went to sprint store to check out whats all the buzz about diamond and TP lol pff
diamond-no sd card daahhh
TP looks good,but I dont think that keyboard sliding mechanizm is durable...
naahh,I like my vogue more
if they could make a VGA Vogue...

Actually I know some major text junkies and the keyboards on the Touch Pro are quite surprisingly solid - of course Im holding out for the Touch Pro 2 with SD card and tilt-able slider keyboard or the Touch HD or similar if and when available

Detroit Doug
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue