PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade to VGA?

Has anyone ever thought to try to upgrade their Vogue to a VGA screen? I know there is the Eten Glofish x800 that has a VGA screen.

Anybody think this could ever be possible? This is something I have been thinking about ever since I first got a T-Mobile MDA almost 5 years ago.

As far as warranty is concerned, If there was a VGA upgrade for my Vogue, I would void my warranty in a heartbeat. Hell, I might even skip a beat.

Last edited by DHarvey; 03-24-2008 at 05:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Upgrade to VGA?

it probably is possible, but you also have to think, if you fit a vga screen in, what type of drivers would be needed for vga output to the screen? The chips in the mogul/touch are made for qvga, so i wonder what would be needed in terms of drivers/software/firmware changes to make this possible

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

I'm sure there is a mastermind out there who can port over drivers from the Glofish x800 or a phone similar. It has to be possible. I know the processor in our devices can power a VGA screen because it is designed to be powerful enough to power small laptop computers.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

I won't say it's impossible, but it's highly impractical.
The controlling ICs, flex cable connectors, and pinouts are all different. As far as hardware is concerned, even between two different revisions of the same device, sometimes the LCDs are completely incompatible. To install an LCD from another device would be even more impractical because they are usually device-specific.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I may sound like a stubborn old mule but I still think it may be worth a try. From a money standpoint it isn't going to be easy I know but if the upgrade was perfected then I would gladly pay for it.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I may sound like a stubborn old mule but I still think it may be worth a try. From a money standpoint it isn't going to be easy I know but if the upgrade was perfected then I would gladly pay for it.
me too, if its possible
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

I found RealVGA OK but a google of Nydot Vitrual Display brings up a bunch of crack sites. Have they gone out of business? Does anyone know how to get this software? If it is commercial software and it does what is advertised I don't mind paying for it.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman08 View Post
yeh sorry i didnt spell it "officially"

http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp
It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it's incredibly buggy. The top right corner of the screen becomes un-responsive in any way. I like it, just not the bugs.

RealVGA did not work at all for me. It changed the resolution of the last splash screen and nothing else. It also caused some icons in the programs menu to stop displaying properly.

Dan.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

can some one help me un install realvga, actualy I guess I need help un installing the resolution cab for the 96 dpi, I cant seam to be able to get rid of it, I have un installed every thing else but my splash screen on soft reset is way wrong, so I would think there are other things I just havent found yet.
Thanks
Terry
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue