PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using a 16gb microSD card in the vogue

I havent been able to find anything on this yet and I was wondering if there is any way to get a 16gb microSD card to work on the vogue. it seems like one can modify the .dll for it or change some registry settings. I know for the apache I had when i added the SDHD diver in my rom it was able to read 8gb microsd cards. so I am thinking maybe something similar can be done.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Using a 16gb microSD card in the vogue

I have Sprint Touch and, according to the original user manual (based on old WM v6.0 ROM), the microSD card slot is "SD 2.0 Compatible" which is defined by the SD Card Association to mean the device works with microSD (non HD) up to 2GB, as well as with microSDHC having capacity from 4GB up to and including 32GB. Your Verizon 6900 should likewise be all set for 16 gigger, already.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor

In mine on the leaked rom I am running a 8 gig. sdhc card so it should work,

on a side note, how much did you pick the 16 for, did not see it out yet
Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

trdspectacoma look here http://www.google.com/products/catal...ult#ps-sellers

Google loves you.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

you can get them on ebay for $60-$70. I haven't bought one yet because all the specs for the phone say it can handle up to 8gb and haven't found anywhere that it says it will be compatible with 16gb. like the omnia says that it can handle 16gb microSD card right on the Verizon website. but if no one thinks there will be a problem I might go ahead and buy one to find out. Thanks for all the replies.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rnunez is becoming a great contributor

I have been using one in my Sprint Touch for over a month with no problems.They are selling on e-bay for around $50 now.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

The specs say 8 gb is max. for those that have 16+ gb have you gotten more than 8gb to work. seems it should. 8gb were really cheap on amazon at about $20.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor

I have the 8 gig since i bought the phone. maybe time to invest in something bigger.

EDIT: I just bit the bullet, I ordered one from ebay for 52.00 with the reader, should be in about a week or two.

Last edited by trdspectacoma; 01-16-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

CFdragon is just getting started

I had one running in mine for around 3 weeks...it suffered similar problems with file corruption like when the vogue first came out prior to the WM6.1 architecture...then one day it became totally corrupted and now I can't get it to register in any drive to reformat...I fear this might happen to more people.
Does anyone know how to recover a 16G memory card that won't show up on my computer or on my phone so I can reformat it for my camera or something else?????
Old 01-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFdragon View Post
...totally corrupted...
Outch! SanDisk has a 5 year guarantee via retailer. Hopefully, whoever you bought it from has an easy on-line form you can fill out and submit. That's what I've had to do a couple of times, though those were 4 giggers, and it was more than a year ago. In both cases, the card was replaced. Still, it leaves you worried that the replacement could die just as quickly. So before putting the new card to use, I made a bunch of changes in how and what I use the card for and in, changes in my desktop PC driver settings for USB transfers, changes in apps on my Touch so they no longer automatically save to card, e.g. camera pics go to internal storage. I can move files to the card if/when desired. Since then, no card corruption here at all (hands folded, praying my good streak continues with the 8 gig card now in use as well as the 16er that I'll spring for in near future).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue