PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Internet Experience??

I've tried Opera Mini (old version), Opera 8.xx (comes with Windows Mobile Pro 6.1), Internet Explorer, Opera 9.5x, and Skyfire.

Opera 9.5 is a copy from when it first came out. It is my favorite.

I know newer/better? versions are out there but when I tried them I get an error that a file is missing.

Opera just displays the page better than any others but I can only use it for a couple of minutes before it stalls and has to be shut down.

Anybody have the latest version that works?

Anybody have a different browser that they think is better?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Best Internet Experience??

I love this one for the Vogue.. Hope it Helps

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=sweet
Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Skyfire is a beast of a browser...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah,I like skyfire too.Watching movies online,while driving lol ! Hooover,you are fast !!!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch/XV6900 & Dell Axim X51v
Carrier: verizscum

runnr548 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to runnr548 Send a message via Skype™ to runnr548

Skyfire is A W E S O M E ! ! !
Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

I conquer Skyfire is in a league by itself in the mobile web browser market.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:23 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im still loving opera mobile, im using 15202 and its great and fast. skyfire is faster at displaying (note that i said displaying rather than loading) pages and plays flash but the navigation is terrible, its like surfing the web with googlemaps cuz the page isnt really loaded, just the part you see on the screen, the constant rendering when panning zoomed in causes the blurriness and the damn checkers that slows you down so much that its hard to stand reading forums with it cuz it renders so slow while you scroll through posts that its down to a crawl IMO and the downloads arent reliable cuz they fail a lot and no multi tabs. Opera is the one i maily use for reading sites like forums, downloading my music etc. etc. and its much safer cuz it renders on your device instead of a server keeping tracks of your data for cache.

my 2 cents

i have both so i can care less which is better i have faith in skyfire but in the meantime, Opera has my vote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
im still loving opera mobile, im using 15202 and its great and fast. skyfire is faster at displaying (note that i said displaying rather than loading) pages and plays flash but the navigation is terrible, its like surfing the web with googlemaps cuz the page isnt really loaded, just the part you see on the screen, the constant rendering when panning zoomed in causes the blurriness and the damn checkers that slows you down so much that its hard to stand reading forums with it cuz it renders so slow while you scroll through posts that its down to a crawl IMO and the downloads arent reliable cuz they fail a lot and no multi tabs. Opera is the one i maily use for reading sites like forums, downloading my music etc. etc. and its much safer cuz it renders on your device instead of a server keeping tracks of your data for cache.

my 2 cents

i have both so i can care less which is better i have faith in skyfire but in the meantime, Opera has my vote

Good point mike,
Old 12-31-2008, 05:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Iphone 3g
Carrier: AT&T

Melobrokeit is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Melobrokeit

i like skyfire too but is there a way to make it landscape on a vogue with m2d?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue