PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Top Input Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
tried others mentioned in this thread. Touchpal for me is the clear winner in speed and accuracy. It takes a bit to get used to.
the QWERTY or the Compact QWERTY?

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i still use the oem tiny keyboard i guess its call the compact querty?

the transition between using my fingers to type to using a stylus to finish the task ends up being annoying and a pita to me personally.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
i still use the oem tiny keyboard i guess its call the compact querty?

the transition between using my fingers to type to using a stylus to finish the task ends up being annoying and a pita to me personally.
compact qwerty is like the default keyboard on the Touch with the 2 letters on each key
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

IanPhillips1 is keeping up the good workIanPhillips1 is keeping up the good work

I use the Diamond Qwerty in landscape mode, I assigned the camera button(long hold) to switch to landscape and it is very easy to use, looks like the b-berry storm (ha )

Vin's Plutonium (hearts)
VZW 2.35 Radio
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPhillips1 View Post
I use the Diamond Qwerty in landscape mode, I assigned the camera button(long hold) to switch to landscape and it is very easy to use, looks like the b-berry storm (ha )
Haha I just installed SPB Fullscreen keyboard and thats nice!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dunno i cant handle the spb keyboard. I think its a little too much, its just HUGE. Takes up most of the screen

Old 11-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
i dunno i cant handle the spb keyboard. I think its a little too much, its just HUGE. Takes up most of the screen
haha yeah that would be the point
Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor

touchpal compact qwerty all the way. Tried many a full screen keyboard and thought typing on that in landscape with two thumbs was all the rage, until I tried touchpal. I just use the free version compact qwerty because I think it is faster than the full qwerty, and you can make it act like a full qwerty by sliding up on the enter key - so, what use is the full qwerty provided with touchpal?!?

OMJ 3.09 custom w/ M2D
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Spb fullscreen asigned to the camera button, skinned http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343953 works perfect.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Wow!

I guess I'm the only guy who uses the TouchPad! Over the years I got so adept at texting with T9 that the touchpad works best for me.

The "thumb print" area is much larger for the letters which makes better for one handed texting (hard to drive and text with two hands lol) AND my thumb already knows where to go for each letter

I tried TouchPal a couple times but since I've never had a tactile k/b before... I have therefore never become "qwerty" proficient. My thumb/thumbs get SO confused as to where to go!! lol

Maybe i will try TouchPal again and stick w/it long enough to train my thumb/thumbs... there were a few features i liked when i have tried it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue