PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Lurker

chunternine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Using the HTC Audio Manager as an embeded player on the Touch Cube

Ill start by saying I've been lurking on the site for nearly a week now, learning alot about how I want to use this phone (Sprint HTC Touch), and after several application trys and resets im getting a firm idea of what im looking for and thanks to countless posters here I understand how to incorporate everything I want, well almost.

The last peice of the puzzle im looking to put into play is the embedded audio player (not just a shortcut to the app) that is usable from the 3 app side of the cube, as I understand this is a normal feature of the classic release of the phone.

In this post

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=164

The poster answerers another member with the same question as I, I am running WM6.1 and fear this may be why im not seeing the touchflo options that he is speaking of. I've found a .CAB file for a package taking the cube back to "stock" settings which I feel will be best to start with a platform that ALLREADY has the player embedded then I can make my changes piece by piece around it. The CAB does not work due to the fact the files cannot be overwritten (Touch Commander is great, but will not dictate authorizations for a .CAB install)

Is there a way to overcome this?

or

Is there any steps I can take to embed this player into the cube?

Out of all the forums for support on these phones the members here seem to be the most proactive and consice poster base in the field, will send moneys or free cyb0rs, prz help!

Last edited by chunternine; 10-18-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Using the HTC Audio Manager as an embeded player on the Touch Cube

try this.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12746

and then when you get this on your phone, I think there is something like media in there. And then re-route that from wmedia to audiomanager.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chunternine is a n00b

Absolutely, narrowed down during this week that cubeconfig 4.1 was the way to go out side of simple editing each key individualy.

Ill skim through the thread again see if I missed somthing though, any ideas on parameters to stick in for audiomanager to embed it to play mp3 directly from the cube?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chunternine is a n00b

=D>

Im such a tool, It didn't dawn on me till I picked up the phone this morning, HAVE THE AP RUNNING!, Minimize, THEN bring up the cube.

Embedded player I now have.

LoLz

Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

xraider is a n00b

I still can't get this to work even when the app is running. What version Touch do you use? I have the Sprint. Do you have to replace the BRN files? or a registry hack?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chunternine is a n00b

One piece of info I left out was that the audio manager has to be playing for it to show up, you can pause it, close the cube and come back to it but it eventually ceases to show when inactive.

Not exactly how I was expecting it to work but I guess thats as close to dedicated mp3 usability.

Sprint touch with WM6.1 flash btw
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue